Why become a member? ×

Andertons stocking the whole Sire range?

Harryburke14

I know what you mean about the controls, but for me it would probably just be a set & forget scenario. So I can have an active (EQ'd) tone and a passive tone at the flick of a switch :D

Edited by CameronJ

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1497091191' post='3315783']
dont be daunted by the pre amp though its much more straight forward than you would expect
[/quote]

I was hugely impressed with the one I tried out - didn't seem complex at all. I understood it as having a passive, vol/tone/pan set of knobs and an actlve, treble/mid/midsweep/bass set, right next to each other on the same bell plate... worked for me!

My only problem with the preamp is the sheer amount of cut/boost (specifically boost) on the bass control. The tiniest little movement plays havoc with your tone, there's far too much available. I'm half tempted to disconnect the pot and just solder a fixed resistor of the right value in its place.
Apart from that, I love everything about it.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1497108377' post='3315919']
My only problem with the preamp is the sheer amount of cut/boost (specifically boost) on the bass control. The tiniest little movement plays havoc with your tone, there's far too much available. I'm half tempted to disconnect the pot and just solder a fixed resistor of the right value in its place.
[/quote] Or you could just leave it flat...if your a bass scaredy cat :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just cancelled my above order for the blue M3, was supposed to be in stock for Sept 8th (day before my birthday and the reason why I bought it) just chased Andertons up and theyve told me that in stock is now expected to be October 20th! anyone know how long a payment takes to go back on a credit card? Im not chuffed about this as I would never have known if I hadnt asked. :angry:

Edited by DarkHeart

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1497108377' post='3315919']
[/quote]

And what's so bad about giving the odd audience member temporary heart failure..? ;)