Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot cab issue

T-Bay

Turned on my TE combo and cab tonight only for it to make a weird noise, it did this for about three seconds, then a rather startled young cat emerged from one of the big plastic holes.

Stupid cat, now I am going to have to work out a way to check them before I head off to gigs.

If only it were that simple, she is the most gorgeous cat we have ever had, but it seems that whilst she was waiting in the queue for looks the brain stand ran out and used a peanut instead. But seriously doubt she could fall asleep in there

Or could she?

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1496867179' post='3314429']
Turned on my TE combo and cab tonight only for it to make a weird noise, it did this for about three seconds, then a rather startled young cat emerged from one of the big plastic holes.

Stupid cat, now I am going to have to work out a way to check them before I head off to gigs.
[/quote]

I hope neither cat nor cab suffered damage.

I considered putting chicken wire over the reflex ports on my 1818 for the same reason. I decided not to make it more attractive to chickens however as our cats would leave feathers EVERYWHERE.

I reckon there may have been a few litters of kittens birthed in bass bins over the years. They do seem purpose built!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1496926548' post='3314759']
If you put the cab so its snug up against a wall with ports facing the wall the cat can't move the cab to get inside can it?
[/quote]
I use it for practice every day so not easy, I don't think it's a major issue really. It just amused me so I posted it up. Wish I had got a pic!

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1497080257' post='3315668']
Stuff a Chiwawa in one 'ole and a Toy Terrier in t'other. Job's a good 'un.
[/quote]
Nah, she is used to dogs and terrorises several local mutts including a massive (but stupidly friendly) Rottweiler which is a laugh to watch.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1497082871' post='3315684']
Nah, she is used to dogs and terrorises several local mutts including a massive (but stupidly friendly) Rottweiler which is a laugh to watch.
[/quote]

Aw, bless.

I had to make the big decision with our nineteen year cat old three weeks ago. We'd kept her going while she was still enjoying life but her health rapidly went downhill in the end. I'm still quite sad about it but I know I did the right thing for her. Her sister of the same litter had got to sixteen before health issues made life bad for her. The house feels really empty now.

Whether a cat, dog, or any of the house pets, it's often the case that you don't truly recognise the strength of the bond you make with them 'till it's gone.

There is a small compensation though in that I have not got to be tied to the house so much now that I have no relatives or animals to tend to. Maybe this is the year I get my own lickle band.

Sorry to hear that. We lost one a couple of weeks back, she had been my wife's shadow since we rescued her (bengal used for breeding and lived in a cage). It is very sad, we have another two, both rescues and a daft terrier which helps. I keep,joking to my wife that we need to buy a tortoise so we can have a pet that outlives us, but I don't think I would bond the same with a tortoise.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1497089486' post='3315760']
Sorry to hear that. We lost one a couple of weeks back, she had been my wife's shadow since we rescued her (bengal used for breeding and lived in a cage). It is very sad, we have another two, both rescues and a daft terrier which helps. I keep,joking to my wife that we need to buy a tortoise so we can have a pet that outlives us, but I don't think I would bond the same with a tortoise.
[/quote]

I think it's the two hours wait when you call the tortoise from the other side of the room that would put me off!!

"Here boy, here boy!"

Two hours later..........."Good boy!"

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1497094176' post='3315806']

I think it's the two hours wait when you call the tortoise from the other side of the room that would put me off!!

"Here boy, here boy!"

Two hours later..........."Good boy!"
[/quote]
:lol: good point.