Why become a member? ×

buying in gumtree and receiving the goods in Vienna

hrnn1234

so, yes. very unrelated to the board's subject: I need a rook rack. second hand market in Vienna is awful, ebay didn't show anything good, but I checked out gumtree out of curiosity and there are a few sellers with what I need.

the question is: is it customary at all to just send the cash and wait for the seller to ship the stuff? It is here in Austria, but it was totally new for me when I got here (I'm from south america). I still don't know if it's something more specific of these parts of the world or just a developed country thing.

have to say: the box on gumtree itself telling me to meet in person and bring a friend to the exchange is not the most inspiring :)

thanks in advace!

While the seller might be 100% genuine, the pursuit of products via Gumtree/PreLoved worries me intensely. Too many scammers.

You might be better off hitting up someone here who lives locally to handle purchase/shipping. I've done it a few times for members here.