Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash

Gazm

If we can get a quorum (say four or five) who are prepared to make a core event, and then agree a date, I am happy to open it up to any others prepared to come and join in. If Saturdays are the days of main interest then I'm able to do this on the following Saturdays:

9 June
16 June
30 June
7 July
14 July
28 July
4 August
25 August.

Any preferences?
Nick S

June has been wiped out for me and so has August... currently July is looking good

7 July
14 July

either one and then I've got that fixed and can tell relatives to pick the other date :)

where is it though? I'm down in Gloucester... in the midlands as far as I'm concerned... Birmingham area is easy to get to

just give us a google maps link... or whatever... :huh:

I'd be bringing my Peavey and a clunker learner bass (Encore) plus my baby combo and Zoom B2.1U

I can see this is going to be a challenge! It would appear that skywalker and Paul Cooke are mutually exclusive on dates.
Trying to gather information from earlier on the thread we've got:
Gazm - 16 June
presoulnation - no preference?
Bernmeister - no preference
skywalker - 16 June (not 7/14 July)
birdy - 16/23/30 June
Machines - no preference?
Mobius - before 22 June
Sugden - 16 June
Paul Cooke - only 7/14 July
NAS - 9/16/30 June 7/14/28 July 4/25 August.
So, the 16th June would be OK with many except PC - sorry about that.
[b]Shall we go with the 16th June anyway and do the best we can with that?
[/b]This url should take you to a map showing the location.
[url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=367284&y=273022&z=6&sv=367284,273022&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=367284&ay=273022"]http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=36...4&ay=273022[/url]
Once we have list of possible attendees I'll send out full instructions via PM or email.
Anybody else interested?
Nick S

Personally I think we should go with the 16th June (sorry Paul). From previous experience ANY date that we pick will have someone who can't make it and at the moment the 16th is good for most.

If we enjoy it there's no reason why we couldn't do again in a few months anyway and theres always the 'national' bash to look forward too.

On the food and drink side of things I think we should all aim to bring our own within reason. As an example I will come for 2-3 hours and will bring some soft drink and if I get hungry will go and get a sandwich from a shop or sort myself out.

Steve

[quote name='NAS' post='5625' date='May 24 2007, 11:31 AM']I can see this is going to be a challenge! It would appear that skywalker and Paul Cooke are mutually exclusive on dates.
Trying to gather information from earlier on the thread we've got:
Gazm - 16 June
presoulnation - no preference?
Bernmeister - no preference
skywalker - 16 June (not 7/14 July)
birdy - 16/23/30 June
Machines - no preference?
Mobius - before 22 June
Sugden - 16 June
Paul Cooke - only 7/14 July
NAS - 9/16/30 June 7/14/28 July 4/25 August.
So, the 16th June would be OK with many except PC - sorry about that.
[b]Shall we go with the 16th June anyway and do the best we can with that?
[/b]This url should take you to a map showing the location.
[url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=367284&y=273022&z=6&sv=367284,273022&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=367284&ay=273022"]http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=36...4&ay=273022[/url]
Once we have list of possible attendees I'll send out full instructions via PM or email.
Anybody else interested?
Nick S[/quote]

Sorry Machines - definitely not trying to hijack this event, it was just a spur of the moment offer which seems to have escalated! If your plans change and you can make it then you would be more than welcome. Nick S

[quote name='birdy' post='5650' date='May 24 2007, 11:26 AM']Personally I think we should go with the 16th June (sorry Paul). From previous experience ANY date that we pick will have someone who can't make it and at the moment the 16th is good for most.

Steve[/quote]
Have fun... I'm gonna see if my commitment on June 16th is moveable or not... I have a sneaky suspicion it is fixed, never mind... If I get free, then I'll see you'se guys ... :)

[quote name='Machines' post='5669' date='May 24 2007, 12:48 PM']Where !? That's a bit far for me i'm afraid. I was only going to come since it was a 20 min drive !

Have fun chaps :).[/quote]

I have to go past Solihull if you want a lift there and back...providing you can fit in with my timings.

Steve

Right chaps - off to London for 24 hours so will be off air. Will pick up on what seems like probable June 16th Bash plans when I return. Venue - sorted I think, Attendees - getting there, Timings - flexible for the whole of that day, Food and Drink - to be finalised. Best to all, Nick S

[quote name='Machines' post='5782' date='May 24 2007, 02:43 PM']What are your timings ? :)[/quote]
Approximately leave my house about 10:30, solihull at 11:00, Nicks house at 11:45. Leave Nicks about 1:45 back home for 3:00 give or take half an hour either way. Can only really make a couple of hours as gigging night before and on the night and family stuff to do as well...

Steve

Edited by birdy

So after 8 hours on the road (return via Bristol and Malvern) back in leafy Worcestershire. We plan to make a huge tureen of soup with bread and cheese and we have some cases of beer. This should provide a basic fill up for people coming, but I will assume they will also bring their own stash of favoured intake. We'll instruct attendees on the making of coffee and tea so it will be self service for doses of driving caffeine. Anyone I've missed out on directions? Nick S

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='5745' date='May 24 2007, 01:53 PM']Have fun... I'm gonna see if my commitment on June 16th is moveable or not... I have a sneaky suspicion it is fixed, never mind... If I get free, then I'll see you'se guys ... :)[/quote]

I'm free to come... unless anything else comes up... :huh:

[quote name='Mobius' post='6745' date='May 25 2007, 07:23 PM']Any way to get there without a car? I had a look at the map and there doesn't seem to be a train station nearby.[/quote]

Hi Mobius - the nearest train stations are Kidderminster, Worcester and Ludlow, but you will need to be picked up as they are 12, 26, and 13 miles away respectively. Hope you manage to get a lift if required. I won't lay on a delivery service myself this time as I would like to participate in the event! Nick S