Why become a member? ×

75 Bitsa Jazz Bass FS/FT
£475

lukeward2004

****SOLD****

Hi,

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a bass I got from PawelG, who got it from Raslee on here as a part of a trade a few months back. It has been put together by Lee to specs of his original 1975 Jazz Bass that he used to own. I really like this one, you don't need to plug it in to know that it sounds good. Has [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lindy[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fralin[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] pickups that make it sound really cool when plugged in.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Reason for the sale is because I now have too many basses (is there such a thing?) - since aquiring my Warwick SS1 6er, I dont have the space and now this doesnt get played much at all. I am just so used to a 5 string, and working with a 6 string currently, I dont go near 4 strings anymore. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ideally, Id like to recoup what I paid for it - £475, or will consider a trade for a nice Sire 5 string Jazz (Marcus Miller), with blocks inlays.[/font][/color]

The neck is especially nice and plays like butter, you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between this and an actual '75 Jazz (having previously owned one).

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Specs:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Body: 70's Greco made from ash[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck: Japanese All Parts maple neck without the neck stamp - lacquered to look vintage - feels really nice[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Arial]Tuners - 90's Mexican Fender jazz[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Arial]Lindy [color=red]Fralin[/color] PU's 5% overwound (warmer sound)[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Arial]3 x CTS pots (250k) specially hand selected for just the right balance between the pickups[/font]
[font=Arial]1 x N.O.S Russian Military spec PIO (capacitor) 0.047uF[/font]
[font=Arial]1 x Neutrik stereo jack (output) wired in mono doubling the ground[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Arial]The bass has been professionally set up by a local luthier and it's really easy to play. It comes with a Canto Bass Bag (soft/hard shell).[/font][/font][/color]

[attachment=247003:IMG_20170602_130010.jpg]
[attachment=247004:IMG_20170602_130015.jpg]
[attachment=247005:IMG_20170602_130035.jpg]

Edited by lukeward2004

Hi bud, I've got a nice 5string Lakland (USA Bartolini's, USA hipshot tuners and upgraded bridge, wiring and shielding + ramp) here and I'm looking for a trade with a 4string jazz...
There's a bit of a difference in price, but I'm sure we will be able to work something out if you are interested. ;)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/303174-fsft-heavily-modded-lakland-skyline-55-01-bartolini-usa-pickups-hipshot-usa-ultralites-full-shielding-maruszczyk-bridge/

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1497048537' post='3315622']
Oh yes! That jazz. Fantastic bit of kit for the money!

Good luck with the sale Luke.
[/quote] Ah yes I miss her indeed, a lovely player - really liked this bass and was a good close resemblance of my old 74. That wood grain is lovely.

GLWTS :)

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1497209289' post='3316581']
Ah yes I miss her indeed, a lovely player - really liked this bass and was a good close resemblance of my old 74.
[/quote]
'74? I was sure you said '75! (I hope Luke doesn't want his money back!)

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1497222820' post='3316684']

'74? I was sure you said '75! (I hope Luke doesn't want his money back!)
[/quote] Could technically be considered pre 75 ish and either a 74/75 (or earlier still as it's a replica of the early 70's Fender Jazzes). Pretty sure I said 70's however as that's what my original Fender was. Anyhow this one was based on the transitional bass i.e. before they introduced the bullet truss rods at the top of the neck, and the 3 hole neck plate. My old Fender was definitely a 74 though : )

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='edpirie' timestamp='1497430231' post='3317999']
Hi, could you post the weight please?

Thanks, Ed
[/quote]

As I have a possible buyer coming over to test my 5string this weekend I'm very interested in the weight of this beauty as well... ;)