Why become a member? ×

A Thousand Years Of Light (MIJ Mustang with pick)

Tim Chapple

Here's a live recording from my band - I'm using a MIJ Mustang Bass, recorded on a ZOOM R8 Recorder.
[url="https://youtu.be/I-M1JhxxZyI"]https://youtu.be/I-M1JhxxZyI[/url]

[color=#333333]From Cornwall UK[/color]

[color=#333333]Thousand Years of Light (TYOL) are an English progressive rock band formed in 2015 by Simon Trundle, Nick Perry, Tim Chapple and former guitarist John Weathered Warner. [/color]

[color=#333333]TYOL’s early 2015 sessions were unashamedly reflective of Hawkwind, using space rock, prog and elements of psychedelia. After John’s departure in February 2017, TYOL began to rework their material with current guitarist Si Spring. [/color]

[color=#333333]Si has inspired TYOL to develop a powerful, retro, prog rock sound with the use of increasingly atmospheric and dramatic arrangements, richer melodies and dynamically combining grinding, powerful guitars with long, drifting lead breaks. Passages of truly astounding prog offers the platform to the strong, haunting voice of Perry to deliver his epic and sometimes grandiose lyrics that are in no way eclipsed by the band’s bizarre stage names including Baron Von T, Mirrorhead, Didier Pulsar and Pan Zooot.[/color]

[color=#333333]Thousand Years of Light remain contemporary despite their influences and perhaps could best be described as, 21st century prog![/color]

[color=#333333]"Something is happening, emerging, crystallising from compassion. An awakening, a movement, a realisation. The crystallising machine of change". [/color]

Edited by Tim Chapple