Why become a member? ×

Revolucion de Cuba

Guest McBass

Guest McBass

[quote name='gapiro' timestamp='1497388275' post='3317820']
Not for a couple of years
[/quote]
How did you find them, did they cancel gigs regularly by any chance?

I went to the one in Reading a few weeks back. The chimichangas were good, but there was one of those pushy "give me money for spraying you with cologne and handing you a paper towel" guys in the bogs, which is one of those things that never fails to be detrimental to my evening out.

S.P.

Play in the Sheffield one at least one a month. Sound system is rudimentary but adequate and the staff are all great; pay is OK but we're only a duo. I'm under the impression they're a franchise so if you're having problems it might depend on how good the manager is at your place.

"I went to the one in Reading a few weeks back. The chimichangas were good, but there was one of those pushy "give me money for spraying you with cologne and handing you a paper towel" guys in the bogs, which is one of those things that never fails to be detrimental to my evening out.

S.P. "

I take it you haven't been to Cuba? :) That's the bog paper they hand out!

• 2 months later...
Guest McBass

[quote name='borntohang' timestamp='1497446390' post='3318216']
Play in the Sheffield one at least one a month. Sound system is rudimentary but adequate and the staff are all great; pay is OK but we're only a duo. I'm under the impression they're a franchise so if you're having problems it might depend on how good the manager is at your place.
[/quote]
Great pay, £100 a man in the Aberdeen branch....downside is they cancel quite regularly. Get a contract if you're a MU member, my bookings were done via a friend who worked freelance for them so done in good faith, Big mistake!