Why become a member? ×

Gone to a good home...1977 Fender Jazz Bass Gloss Black Nitro
£1700

ChazzJEUK

Fender Jazz Bass Guitar 1977.

Bought from The Bass Gallery Camden in 2015 (As the receipt proves)

Slight Wear to back of neck and wear to the back of the body. Its a bass full of love and plenty of vintage tones.

Fretboard is very clean and free of 30+ years of gunk and crap. Cleaned and oiled by myself.

Truss rod works a charm and has no trouble.

Neck is very straight and has no problems.

Frets are great condition and are original with minimal wear, plenty of life left in them.

Action is fantastic.

Machine heads, bridge, pickguard, nut, string tree, pots, pickups, wiring, brass plates, neck and body, everything is original EXCEPT for the Strap buttons (Dunlop Straplocks)

Slight checking near control plate, black gloss finish is Nitrocellulose refinish done a few years back. Incredible feeling and shine.

Strictly a straight sale, I'm after another Alpher build so £1600 takes the bass!

Located Ashbourne Derbyshire

Edited by ChazzJEUK

[quote name='Salotti' timestamp='1497199475' post='3316479']
What about the weight mate?
[/quote]

Martin at the Gallery stated "It's one of the lightest vintage Jazz basses we've had come through here"

It's just knocking 8.7lbs if I remember correctly

This looks just like one that got away from me many moons ago. It would have been a lot heavier than this though. Black on black, rosewood blocked & bound is a great look for a Jazz and I'm a recent convert to nitro finishes...

but I can't afford it. GLWTS.

[quote name='Salotti' timestamp='1497351200' post='3317431']
Can you verify the exact weight so far?
[/quote]

Right so it seems my digital scales are awful, just measured it multiple times on my kitchen scales and I've got 9lbs 7 oz with the ashtrays on. So still not heavy but that's the exact weight rather than going by my digital scales. 👍🏻

Edited by ChazzJEUK

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1500192438' post='3336081']
I thought Fender ended nitro finishes in the late 60s?
[/quote]

When I purchased this it was wearing an awful dark green - black Nitro refinish. Which was stripped and finished properly in a deep sapphire black. Then played, ALOT