Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Aguilar 5J-70 CL Pickups - 5-String 70s-vibe Jazz Bass
£125

[b][u]Now £105 delivered[/u][/b]

So I was a bit of a silly billy and ordered these without fully checking the dimensions, so only the bridge pickup fitted in my bass - I installed it and though it had a sweet vibe it didn't really suit in combo with the existing humbucker neck pickup.

As such, you're getting a [b]used-for-an-hour-max[/b] bridge pickup and a [b]brand new [/b]untouched neck pickup.

These are the narrower CL version which is 17.5mm-18.5mm spacing / dimensions (so you avoid my pickup-pitfall): [url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/pdf/5j-cl.pdf"]http://www.aguilaram...m/pdf/5j-cl.pdf[/url]

Aguilar blurb:
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b]Fans of the Jazz bass[/b][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b] know that J Bass pickups built by Fender[/b][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b] in the 1970's sound very different from the pickups used in the 60's. The AG 4 and 5J-70 pickups bring the sound of the 70's to your bass: bright and articulate with a deep, clear low end. They are perfect for slapping, funk and R&B. Many rock players also prefer the 70's sound.[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b]Because pickup windings and materials varied so much throughout the 70's, we used several pickups from different years as our sonic models. Through a process of listening and prototyping we discovered the very small gradations of wire size and winding patterns that reproduce the bright and deep sound of the 70's Jazz Bass[/b][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b] pickup.[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b]Available as a calibrated neck and bridge pickup set, the AG 4 and 5J-70 pickups are direct replacements for Jazz Bass[/b][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][b] style basses. The AG CL accepts a narrower, 17.5mm - 18.5mm string spacing.[/b][/font][/color]

Edited by weefunkateer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...