Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley Spartan...

bassmayhem

There's a very brief review in Bass guitar magazine from a few months back which said that the sound is great, but the amp is a bit pricey for what you get, but at the end of the day it's all hand built by Mark, so it's not gonna be cheap! I played it briefly at LBGS and the sound is super clear and there's more power than anyone could ever need, and then some! The frequency range for the EQ is the same as the Aurora which people seem to love so that's another positive.

There's not a great deal of info on these but this is the stuff I've picked up, hope it's helpful!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1497655567' post='3319907']
No doubt amazing quality but just doesn't need to be that expensive.
[/quote]

Yep. Can't see him selling many, but then at that price he won't need to.

Edited to add:
But then again, I guess that if you're a pro £1600 for the right amp is probably justifiable, even if an amp at £600 gives you 90% of what you need.

Edited by Count Bassy

There is something for everyone; those who want to pay £200 can buy £200 stuff. those who want otherwise can buy otherwise. My experience says if you want something really good really bad (no pun intended) it is just a matter of priority, time or timing... :D :D :D

Edited by bassmayhem

• 2 weeks later...

Home!
Tested! Wow!

If you are not into old school saggy tube amps - well, I am into them too - this is definitely it! Headroom, headroom, headroom, clean natural tone with lots of power. Lots! Premier gig on outdoor festival stage on Saturday...

Edited by bassmayhem

First gig done!
Very easy to get a good sound with this rig! The Spartan matches well to my TKS 2126 cabs. Every bass you use sounds like the bass amplified, not "amp tone" like Ampeg and Trace Elliot. Just pure magnified bass tone.