Why become a member? ×

New look Rickenbacker

hiram.k.hackenbacker

Not sure about the colours but the checkerboard binding is amazing!
I doubt we'll see any over here though. These special colours tend to be special orders by dealers in very limited numbers. There was an all-white version a while ago that was probably the most beautiful Rick ever... Unfortunately Jon Hall pretty much swore off doing any more as the white finish is very hard to get right apparently.

Saw a pic of both this and the pink one over on TB.

To me, they both look incredibly cheap. These are 2k+ instruments.

I loved a comment on TB, a poster suggested that the pink one would look more at home with a Hello Kitty logo. I think he's got a point!

Looks great. The pink one (Rickenbacker subsequently published a photo of it on their Facebook page) looks incredible, I think.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1422272431189737&substory_index=0&id=235019996581659

Edited by PaulGibsonBass

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1497772245' post='3320420']
Bassassin (Jon) did this with one of his fakers.

Wonder if he will sue for copywright :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: As I've said before - if they'd a mind, Hoshino Gakki (owner of the Ibanez brand) could have a field day with Johhny-Come-Lately Hall & his trumped-up claims of intellectual property and trade-dress registration. Fortunately they're more concerned with the business of designing and manufacturing good-quality, interesting, playable and affordable musical instruments to give much of a sh!t about what they were doing in 1971...

Liking the new RIC colour scemes though - I'm a massive sucker for checked binding on a 4000 series bass, and if my black plate/bridge Frankenbugger had that, I might drop Ol' Johnny H an email!

[url="http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/LanterneRouge/media/Rickenfakers/bugsampheads_zpstpqqsxfe.jpg.html"][/url]

The pink one's fine, but I'm inclined to think if you're gonna do it, then do it properly:

[url="http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/LanterneRouge/media/Rickenfakers/RV4_001_zps9yxr3eww.jpg.html"][/url]

And while you're at it, bin that ugly afterthought scratchplate design and the pointless guitar controls too. :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1500534014' post='3338452']
And there was me thinking they'd designed a new bass.
Silly me.
[/quote] lol Rickenbacker innovate , how foolish

It does look nice but I have never seem a Rick in the flesh and I am not going to spend 2k+ unplayed on a bass with 2 truss rods and what looks like questionable erggonomics

Edited by markdavid