Why become a member? ×

Replacement saddle screw fun

rhythmbug

Anyone happen to know what size saddle screws a Gotoh 201 bridge takes?

The bass is Squier Matt Freeman. Previously had a MIM P with a Gotoh bridge and the screws were the same size.

The genuine Fender precision screws 6-32x7/16 size don't fit as per pic below (Fender screw is on the right). But they both accept the same 1/16 hex key which is how I landed in this pickle. The fender screws are too wide and thread looks different. I imagine the Gotohs are metric?

Cheers

Edited by rhythmbug

I've had this sort of fun a few times.
U.S. Fender use imperial and I believe Mexican use metric. Not sure about Gotoh though, sorry.
I keep a supply of both in my bits box. Check out Ebay, not on the guitar sites but screw/bolt/fixings suppliers.

[quote name='rhythmbug' timestamp='1497807584' post='3320651']
The screws I bought were advertised as to fit USA and Mexico Ps. Are you certain MIMs are metric? Cos if they are I'll claim a refund.
[/quote]

The last Mexican instrument I worked on, took M3 (metric) screws.

I think U.S use imperial #6x32.

Like I said earlier, not sure about Gotoh, might be worth emailing them. I know when I needed help with bridge parts from Babicz, I mailed them and they were very helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Email them and I bet they will send you some for free. If they don't, get a Hipshot bridge instead, their customer service is awesome.

I emailed just asking what size allen key was needed to adjust the saddles as it was teensy tiny,and they sent me five allen keys for free all the way from the USA to Oz. THAT's service :)