Why become a member? ×

(Sorted Thanks) Courier Price!?

julesb

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1497867499' post='3320908']
Full coverage from loss or damage for items over 1000GBP really makes things expensive.
[/quote]

Read the cover carefully too - as many appear to offer cover but actually don't. Funnily enough, they are still happy to take payment for this non-existent cover... :angry:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1497867802' post='3320910']
Read the cover carefully too - as many appear to offer cover but actually don't. Funnily enough, they are still happy to take payment for this non-existent cover... :angry:
[/quote]

Yup, there are as many rules as there are courier companies.

Edited by PawelG

I always use a broker like P4D and call them to make sure that their cover will cover musical instruments and accidental damage while in transit. Get it confirmed in email and make sure you photograph how well you packed it and the state it was in when it left you. It all helps prove your point if anything goes wrong.

£100 is a little expensive but I have not shipped a bass worth over £1000 for a long time so rates may have changed a lot. To be fair I have gambled on some lower priced packages but all bigger stuff has been covered and it has been worth it on the odd occasion of a breakage. I claimed the full new value of a cab once because it got damaged, and afterwards it tuned out it was only a £60 repair.

Edited by NJE

Whatever you do, don`t use Parcelforce - they will accept your money for extra insurance but their T&Cs specifically state musical instruments are not covered. Prob same for a good many others as well so always check the Prohibited Items list before choosing a courier.