Why become a member? ×

Simple songs - suggestions needed

T-Bay

We have a 90 minute set but have been offered a great gig locally but would need to play 2-3hrs, it's short notice so we have about 4 hours of rehearsal time tops between now and then. So looking for 10 ish songs that are dead simple but classics everyone knows. Ideally punk/ grunge/ hard rock but flexible as long as its rockish. Stuff like I can't explain, by The who, mollys lips by Nirvana/ The vaselines, Louie Louie etc would be ideal. We have two days to sort a set and say yes or no to the gig so it's a bit of a panic.

Might be worth adding that the other members are pretty experienced, the lead guitarist is very good and gigging pretty much every week with two other bands or us, rhythm guitarist good but only gigs with us, drummer pretty flexible again gigs with us but deps with leads other band if needed, I have only been playing 8 months and gigging for six of them! We can't squeeze anymore rehearsal time in so need stuff we can get proficient at quickly.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1497901681' post='3321240']
Stuff from the catalogue of U2..?
[/quote]
Of course! Why didn't I think of them. Not a massive fan but for a one off a couple could slip in, with or without you is stupidly simple.
[quote name='mike f' timestamp='1497901682' post='3321241']
PiL - Public Image
Nirvana - Breed
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
[/quote]
All three are perfect, thanks!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1497905438' post='3321270']
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
[/quote]
Perfect
[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1497905318' post='3321265']
Some punk (ish) stuff that we do and all pretty straighforward:

Undertones: Perfect Cousin,Teenage Kicks
The Damned: New Rose
Buzzcocks: What do I Get, Ever Fallen in Love
The Hives: Hate to Say I Told You So
[/quote]
We do teenage kicks, new rose would be cool to do, ever fallen in love is perfect and The hives are brilliant and fit in well with other songs we do, so that would work very well for us.

Thanks for all the great ideas, more than happy to hear anymore anyone may have.

[quote name='upside downer' timestamp='1497906140' post='3321278']
Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones. In fact, anything by The Ramones. :lol:

Stereophonics are pretty straightforward too, basslines mostly root notes. And if your guitarist is experienced then he shouldn't have any bother either.
[/quote]
We do one Ramones track but another wouldn't hurt, we could do Dakota easy enough, there's nothing to it, so would be useful as an emergency one.

ACDC - You Shook Me
Zombie - Cranberries
Free - Alright Now
Sweet Home - Skynard
Free Falling - Tom Petty

That's just off the top of my head from a recent gig. SO many great tunes, so few chords.

Edited by M@23