7 replies to this topic

#1 BassBus

Fool Status

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Interests:Ehm, basses and busses

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

More unconventional use of a bass guitar. I used the Status Series 3 again for this. Started with the EHX Canyon delay then through all sorts and finishing with the chords degrading in the El Capistan. I used the Loop Tree app on iPad for this one. Seamless looping with lots of tracks.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter (Winston Churchill) DILLIGAF

Reverb Nation ............... BassBus Feedback..........YouTube..........Facebook

#2 ambient

Needs to get out more

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts
  • Interests:Art and music, but mainly stuff that dares to push the boundaries of art and music, and tries to be different.

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Nice.

Is it improvised or composed?

Solo/Extended Range Bassist, and Composer.

Overwater 7 string custom bass, Phil Jones Double 4 combo, Markbass CMD121P, lots of effects pedals, eBow.

My Bandcamp page -https://an-ending-ascend.bandcamp.com/

#3 BassBus

Fool Status

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

It's not improvised. This has been hanging round for a year now. First I couldn't find where to go with the arrangement then Steve Lawson and Perry Frank put videos up that sparked it off. Then things got in the way after that, including the electrics on my ACG packing in. But here it is with the arrangement having evolved quite a bit over time. Thanks to our Steve and Perry for the inspiration too.
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter (Winston Churchill) DILLIGAF

Reverb Nation ............... BassBus Feedback..........YouTube..........Facebook

#4 Steve Lawson

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Enjoying this a lot! Nice work. That's a lovely collection of pedals, and you've got them working together well!

#5 BassBus

Fool Status

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostSteve Lawson, on 05 July 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Enjoying this a lot! Nice work. That's a lovely collection of pedals, and you've got them working together well!

Thanks so much Steve. One of your pieces was the inspiration for the arrangement and dug me out of a hole of stuckness. :)

#6 Steve Lawson

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostBassBus, on 05 July 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Thanks so much Steve. One of your pieces was the inspiration for the arrangement and dug me out of a hole of stuckness. :)

which one? :) Glad to be of service!

#7 BassBus

Fool Status

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostSteve Lawson, on 07 July 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

which one? :) Glad to be of service!

To be honest I can't remember. Probably just as well in case I plagiarised your work :D :ph34r:

#8 Steve Lawson

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostBassBus, on 07 July 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

To be honest I can't remember. Probably just as well in case I plagiarised your work :D :ph34r:
ha! plagarise away - it's always interesting to hear ideas being recirculated. I got them from somewhere in the first place. Seems only right to pass them on :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users