Why become a member? ×

hello from north kent

nikon F

my names Andy and I live in the swale area of north kent. ive always liked the bass on songs since the early 70's when I heard Gary Thain playing on demons and wizards and the magicians birthday. I then had the lateish life crisis September last year and went out and bought a second hand squire p and the v1 rumble 100 ( 1 x 15 ). up until that point id never touched a guitar in my life so you could say I'm new to playing music .ok that's the understatement of the year . told a friend what id bought and he said oh good my mates band is playing at my birthday bash next year ( may ) so you can learn a song and play as well.so learnt half a dozen songs ,, all by the beatles and his mates band agreed four of them were ok to do .I also bought a mim p from a music shop for £400 . I think it was one theyd had hanging around for a long time and just wanted to get shot ,,and a rumble 500 as well .so my first performance was at the end of may four whole songs to about 50 or 60 people ....my project has ended with that band so I'm now deciding which direction to go from here ,,,,,so much to learn and so little time ,,,,,,,,its going to be very one sided I think ,,,,,,,me learning from here and not being able to give much back ,,,,,,but hello to everyone anyway

Welcome from West Kent, Andy! Can't go wrong with a P bass and a Rumble, looks like there are a fair few 'find band members' type sites out there now, so good luck and have fun :)

Edited by Kevsy71

thanks for the welcome all ....now ive got to try and learn more about the bass ,,,,,,,and decide where I go from here ,,,,,,,,,in fact I have had quite an insight into band life from here already ,,,,,,,,,,,I think ive just lived a very sheltered life !