Why become a member? ×

Another confession

seashell

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1498071683' post='3322385']
Just a bit of jesting from folks, I think.
:)
[/quote]
Definitely, everyone knows C&W players aren't going to get their heads around R [b]AND[/b] 5th. One or the other at a stretch ;)

Modern country also has roots in rockabilly and old school r&r. A lot of folks over 30 feel that modern rock has nothing to say to them and embrace country as more relevant in their lives. Enjoy! Hats and boots are optional. All joking aside, respect to the form isn't.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1498119710' post='3322580']
Misspelling their [i]what[/i]..?

That's the usefulness of inverted commas, to denote that it's a quote from the original post, and so...

...I must apologise for misspelling 'their'. :blush:...

;) :D :P
[/quote]

Yes Dad you are quite right of course. I did realise it at the time. I was being lazy. I know,I know, mere seconds to press the up key and the 2 to achieve grammatical correctness.
I cannot even use the excuse that I was "tipsy" at the time.

Oh the shame :blush: :blush:

Ha ha Pete This could go on forever. My English grammar skills are really quite poor.

I managed to scrape a GCE O'Level but I am afraid it's been downhill all the way since the heady days of 1973!

Just to keep on topic, is it Country 'n' Western ,Country and Western or Western or ....well you get the picture ;)

Yes, there's a lot more to it than root and 5th - and it's also very much about feel - for the C&W feel you'll be playing well behind the beat and not on top of the beat, and lock yourself in really tight with the drums - sounds obvious, but some bass players think it's all a bit of a giggle when they get a dep job playing C&W and make a complete hash of it!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1498123239' post='3322608']
I'm no expert but those are not inverted commas, you didn't say you were "tipsy", you were 'tipsy'? Take it away Douglas :)
[/quote]

[url="http://universitywriting.shu.ac.uk/punct/advice/s_double.htm"]Writing For University Courses - Punctuation ...[/url]

[Quote]...[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Double ("...") and single ('...') quotation marks or inverted commas (you can use either term) can be used in the same ways. Whether you use double or single is up to you...[/size][/font][/color][/quote]