Why become a member? ×

Pretenders Glasto

oldbass

Just watching it now.
Whilst I can see the point of drum screens, and if it helps on stage sound levels, mic bleed, etc and makes for a better sound then fair play, I really think it looks odd, like the drummer is in the shower or something.
Really good performance so far though :)

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1498302150' post='3323709']
Just watching it now.
Whilst I can see the point of drum screens, and if it helps on stage sound levels, mic bleed, etc and makes for a better sound then fair play, I really think it looks odd, like the drummer is in the shower or something.
Really good performance so far though :)
[/quote]

Martin Chambers has used one for a long time. I'm guessing he's a pretty big hitter, and wouldn't be surprised if Chrissie Hynde requested (insisted on) it.

Tedeschi Trucks Band have drummers and amplification behind screens, but not as tall as this one.

Interestingly, the mix for The Pretenders gets better as the gig goes on. Which is usually what happens with live music, as the sound engineer adjusts stuff on the fly. I also notice that the BBC mixes sound better with time (a week or two later). What I suspect is that the raw recordings, for the live videos, are remixed at a later stage.