Why become a member? ×

NAD - GK MB200

Deedee

I've been after a small 'pocket rocket' back up head for quite a while. One that I can just keep in the gig bag should the worst happen to my beloved Trace. I held out for one of these after reading all the love for them on these hallowed pages.

Well, it arrived this morning and I'm a very happy bunny. Very simple controls, lovely tone and through my BF Super Twin it sounds very loud for such a compact box,

Happy Days 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it at rehearsal for the first time the other night.

Blimey, this thing is great! Great sound straight out of the box with everything set north, backed the bass off a bit and upped the mids. With the gain just past 12 o'clock ish through my BF Super Twin it was easily holding its own with 2 rock guitars and a hard hitting drummer.

Very impressed and certainly confident having this as a very capable back up and I'm sure I'll be using it at a few upcoming gigs.

Would be interesting to see how the new TE Elf compares to these amps (it was the Elf I was originally after given my love for all things green) 😊

Edited by Deedee