Why become a member? ×

Opinions of Hofner verythin contemporary series

Gibbo9876

I had one, loved it. It was my only gigging bass for 2 years solid. But when we came to record.our next album the producer was really awkward about the intonation and after 6 days we had to go back and re-cut most of the basslines. The reality is this is part of the charm of hollowbody basses and now I'd tell him politely to, um, deal with it. At the time I sold the bass on and kind of regretted it. When I saw Hofner were issuing a 34" scale version my wife immediately said "you have to get it" so we did. In many ways I preferred the charm of the original but I love the long scale model and won't be selling it on.

Probably worth mentioning that of the 8 experienced musicians only 2 could hear any issues with intonation and that was listening in "under the microscope" type conditions.

Oh and if you are interested, just mucking about in the basement of a London pub a few years back. I found it sounded really 60s if I played it with a pick, which at the time I wasn't used to doing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN3pykjOHCw[/media]