Why become a member? ×

Quilter Bass Block 800 *SOLD*
£450

jay-syncro

Quilter Bass Block in as-new condition complete with the Quilter gig bag. 800w of power combined with a fantastically intuitive preamp that's impossible to make sound bad. It's also ridiculously tiny. A lovely amp. £450

Collection preferred from Margate, can post if required.

Link to photos - https://flic.kr/p/W5PZge

Edited by jay-syncro

The HD210 is in every way my favourite cab of all time - these need to be heard to be believed. I moved back to a heavyweight rig after years of messing around with class D amps that never quite cut it for me (I'm not trying to re-ignite old debates here, just a personal preference and I've had some lovely, high-end class Ds that were impressive) - as part of this, I went for a heavier cab too. As soon as I tried the HD210, my tone went from 2D to 3D - a similar experience to playing through high-end, studio main monitors. Absolutely amazing - far and away from anything I've had before (including Berg and Epi 12s and Epi 10s). I'd not thought about two...until now... They're not the lightest cab, but really not difficult at all at 54lbs and in a compact form factor. I was playing bass in the '70s - the notion of a sub 60lb cabinet would have been ridiculous then

Edited by three

[quote name='jay-syncro' timestamp='1498322015' post='3323873']
Quilter Bass Block in as-new condition complete with the Quilter gig bag. 800w of power combined with a fantastically intuitive preamp that's impossible to make sound bad. It's also ridiculously tiny. A lovely amp. £450

Bergantino HD210 in great condition complete with the fancy Berg cover. I sold my Barefaced BB2 when I got this as I prefer it in almost every way. It sounds thick and full with great clarity and presence. The only downside is it heavier than a BB2 but it is by no means a drama. I carry it one handed without an issue. £450.

Collection preferred from Margate, can post if required.

Pics coming up.
[/quote]

I bought a Shroeder cab from Jay last year, it's still my go to cab. Top fella to deal with, buy with confidence!!!

It's a cabinet that I would love to hear in person and would probably drop cash on after the fact. I have an HD112 thus am looking to pair it with another. Maybe I have some weird OCD!

Have a 'top bloke and thanks for the Berg' type bump...........

and that Quilter is a wicked bit of kit too - thanks for letting me have a go on it, if i needed another amp etc........:-)

Might be interested in the Quilter, as I'm looking for more output than I get from my TC Classic 450, since recently buying a lovely but very power-hungry PJB cab. I've read good things about the Quilter, but never heard one. I like a clean transparent sound that cuts through the mix. Can it get that sort of tone?

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1499114519' post='3329349']
Have a 'top bloke and thanks for the Berg' type bump...........

and that Quilter is a wicked bit of kit too - thanks for letting me have a go on it, if i needed another amp etc........:-)
[/quote]

Thanks mate, haha GAS is never ending!

[quote name='Nickev' timestamp='1499157060' post='3329508']
Might be interested in the Quilter, as I'm looking for more output than I get from my TC Classic 450, since recently buying a lovely but very power-hungry PJB cab. I've read good things about the Quilter, but never heard one. I like a clean transparent sound that cuts through the mix. Can it get that sort of tone?
[/quote]

Absolutely, it's clean as a whistle set flat with the option of going from a phat old school type of sound with one of the tone knobs to a hi-fi scooped sound with the other. It's incredibly powerful too, I used to own an RH450 years ago and found it hopelessly under powered at gigs. The Quilter is a powerhouse.