Why become a member? ×

Is it me? I'm finding The Foo Fighters boring!!!

thebrig

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1498342867' post='3324010']
Loving the Foos... entertainment.

Oh and not shabby song writers, musicians and a 'team'.
[/quote]
foos to some people are quite marmite, but what they do, they do well. they right good catchy rock songs and as a unit work brilliantly.

not sure i am enjoying this set tho

I thoroughly enjoyed, until I got tired of sitting in front of a television. Mrs Bob, who is not a fan, did say that she enjoyed Dave G's fronting of the band - good work with the audience. I did switch over for a few mins and caught someone called Nadia Rose. Not my music but she was very watchable.

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1498344188' post='3324024']
I thoroughly enjoyed, until I got tired of sitting in front of a television. Mrs Bob, who is not a fan, did say that she enjoyed Dave G's fronting of the band - good work with the audience. I did switch over for a few mins and caught someone called Nadia Rose. Not my music but she was very watchable.
[/quote]
Dave G is a proper rock and roll front man, there is no fakeness in it, he just is, and i think that's why the foos appeal, you know what you are getting and it's honest

Glastonbury is just like a big version of Jools Hollands show -

A few decent acts but most of it is utter dross.

The presenters follow up by saying every act was amazing or brilliant, it would be great to hear one of them say that was f*cking sh*te.

Edited by steantval

Didn't watch the Glasto coverage but I saw Foo Fighters at T In The Park a few years ago & I agree. Fine playing but dull, one-dimensional and with very, very few actual tunes. Doubt they're a whole lot different now.

Shut up & play the drums, Dave.

[quote name='steantval' timestamp='1498348163' post='3324043']

The presenters follow up by saying every act was amazing or brilliant, it would be great to hear one of them say that was f*cking sh*te.
[/quote]

😂 Bang on

[quote name='steantval' timestamp='1498348163' post='3324043']

[/quote]Most of the minor acts have been on Jools at least once in the past, and then, low and behold, Jools himself appears.

I wonder just how much influence the BBC have when it come to choosing which acts appear.

I enjoyed the Foo's Just a band you have to see, whenever they are televised and yes I agree they were in awe of the reception they received, the event, So were not as raw and not so - take a load of this , as I have seen them 8 - 10 years ago. Bands are best when they have something to prove. Or other bands to knock off the top

I only saw the encore, Everlong, was it just me or were the vocals way down in the mix? on the subject of only a few good acts, that's because that's all there are, Glastonbury just way too big so they have to pad it out with not so good stuff, to put it politely. Quite honestly I would only go if they gave me a free ticket and let me take my caravan.