Why become a member? ×

Micro Thumpinator waiting time?

CameronJ

Hey all. Just wondering, for those of you who have purchased a Micro Thumpinator direct from the SFX Sound website, how long did it take for it to arrive? I placed my order on the 2nd of June and have still heard nothing!!! Is this normal?! How can a pedal builder justify this much of a delay?

Have you emailed them?
How can a pedal builder justify the time?? Because life doesn't revolve around your pedal, that's why Max specifically provides the following on the SFX website:

"Delivery time can vary depending on the type of product. It can be from a few days to weeks. For Custom Shop projects it can be a few months.
You can enquiry at any time regarding the status of your order."

I had a custom looper from him and it took about 2months I think.

Si

I haven't yet emailed them but I may well do. I know the site warns of the waiting time and I was kind of expecting to wait a bit after having read a few threads over on Talkbass. But I assumed part of the waiting time for the guys in the US was the international postage and customs process. It does seem a bit excessive considering I've had orders involving multiple custom pedals discussed, spec'd, made and delivered in under 2 weeks from other builders. I know their life doesn't revolve around my pedal but honestly, having handed over £119 of my childrens' inheritance over 3 weeks ago I'm getting rather impatient. I guess my impatience is made worse knowing that A) it isn't a custom order, and B ) I've seen a couple of used Thumpinators come and go in the classifieds during that time! The only thing keeping me sane is knowing that pretty much every Thumpinator user out there is thrilled with it - so at least I can be confident it'll be worth the wait...

Edited by CameronJ

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1498411637' post='3324388']
I haven't yet emailed them but I may well do. I know the site warns of the waiting time and I was kind of expecting to wait a bit after having read a few threads over on Talkbass. But I assumed part of the waiting time for the guys in the US was the international postage and customs process. It does seem a bit excessive considering I've had orders involving multiple custom pedals discussed, spec'd, made and delivered in under 2 weeks from other builders. I know their life doesn't revolve around my pedal but honestly, having handed over £119 of my childrens' inheritance over 3 weeks ago I'm getting rather impatient. I guess my impatience is made worse knowing that A) it isn't a custom order, and B ) I've seen a couple of used Thumpinators come and go in the classifieds during that time! The only thing keeping me sane is knowing that pretty much every Thumpinator user out there is thrilled with it - so at least I can be confident it'll be worth the wait...
[/quote]

Did you ask for an ETA when you ordered it?
I have only made a handful of custom orders to small builders, but I always ask for an estimate of completion. The one pedal I had made for me was pretty unique (not from SFX) and it took several weeks to get all the specs right, and then another 8 weeks or so. But I knew beforehand that this was the rough time scale.
Quite frankly, I'd email SFX directly and find out. I only dealt with him once about modifying a wah pedal I had (I have a Thumpinator, but I got it second hand... and yes, it's worth waiting for it :)) and he was pretty good in his communications with me.
I hope you don't have much longer to wait now :)