Why become a member? ×

Nile Rodgers

Cato

[quote name='crag42' timestamp='1498420376' post='3324500']
Oh no the bass player is slapping a solo!!!! Where's the MK haters?
[/quote]

Don't worry yourself, I'm here.

My wife is watching the Nile Rogers set at the moment...while couldn't perticularly care less about Chic, the bass playing is exemplary.

[quote name='crag42' timestamp='1498420376' post='3324500']
Oh no the bass player is slapping a solo!!!! Where's the MK haters?
[/quote]

You know, I love Chic. But although the band is indeed mostly killing it I really wish someone would cut Jerry's thumb off. He embodies a type of player that many bass players seem to want to be but which doesn't interest me at all. Horrible glassy bass sound and, for me, overplaying in the context of what I love about the original band. Sorry!

There's something utterly joyous about watching older performers/bands, who must know their golden age is over, going out and not only winning over that massive crowd but absolutely slaying it.

Best Glasto set I've watched this year.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1498420857' post='3324509']

You know, I love Chic. But although the band is indeed mostly killing it I really wish someone would cut Jerry's thumb off. He embodies a type of player that many bass players seem to want to be but which doesn't interest me at all. Horrible glassy bass sound and, for me, overplaying in the context of what I love about the original band. Sorry!
[/quote]

Didn't care much for his tone but his playing was funky as!!

Nike Rodgers is a legend - simples.

He also has the benefit of not being the vocalist so he can have a great band and put on a great show, despite his years (unlike Barry Gibb). His guitar playing is still just as awesome as ever.

Edited by Deedee

Someone call the police. Chic have Just stolen the show. This was even better than their last performance here.
Mark Radcliffe summed it up saying he would gladly pay to come to Glastonbury just to watch that guy play bass.
Stonking stuff.