Why become a member? ×

One of two 'Jazz' basses for sale ACG/GMR ACG SOLD
£1800

GreeneKing

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'm sure that the moderators will step in if it's not. It's definitely not an auction and I own 'em all, no dodgy mates gear here :) As I said in my Bongo sale thread, I've a host of basses (and other gear) and I'm pretty sure that my playing days, while not over have changed to a bit of quiet therapeutic noodling with my little combo every now and again. So it's time for a savage and brutal downsize - it isn't easy. I've two 'jazz' (as in 2 x single coil) basses and I only want to keep one. I can't really decide which one to keep so it's down to which one someone might want to buy first.

So up first is my ACG Jazz 5. I'm biased but it's awesome and I've owned it of a few years now, from new. Here is the bass from Alan's site noting that Alan changed the hardware to black for the sale:

[url="http://archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfolio/0103-acg-j-type-5-string/"]http://archive.acgui...-type-5-string/[/url]

The bass has an alder body and a 3 piece maple neck with Alan's asymmetric profile. The fretboard is a lovely birdseye maple and it's now fitted with a pair of single coil ACG pickups (as made by Aaron Armstrong). It came with humbuckers but I prefer the single coil tone (in a Jazz bass anyway). The humbuckers are included in the sale and they aren't cheap to buy by any means. There are a few light scuffs and marks that photographs only make look 10 x worse but I've photographed them anyway. The pre-amp is a John East U-Retro with sweepable mids, volume, balance, treble and bass.

As those eagle eyed can see, it's got a strange lump on it. It's currently fitted with a Roland V-Bass rig. The latest pickup with a flight cased V-Bass unit, power lead and two (very expensive) instrument leads. The pickup is stuck on with double sided tape so can easily be removed.

Shipped I'm looking at £800 for the bass with gig bag or £1050 for the bass plus V-Bass rig, both delivered to the UK (the Roland V-Bass is a hefty piece of gear). That's one huge sound package for the same cost as a couple of FX pedal. If needs be I'll sell the Roland V-Bass separately.

My second bass that I'm considering selling is my GMR 5. This is an older GMR with I guess a bubinga body and a wenge fretboard. It carries Warwick hardware and passive MEC's and has that Warwick growl to a tee. 3 piece neck and it's in very good used condition. It's got a John East Uni pre fitted which allows full passive operation with a passive tone control and passive pickup blend as well as the usual active 3 EQ with sweepable mids. John's latest pre is nothing short of groundbreaking imo.

£800 UK delivered with gig bag

Both basses are reasonable in terms of weight and come with Dunlop strap locks.

Peter

To be continued.........

Edited by GreeneKing