Why become a member? ×

New Yamaha BB basses at lots of price points

fretmeister

Guest subaudio

I'm definitely going Yamaha for my next bass unless something interesting used comes up.
The vids of the new ones are all very nice but very little is played on the B string from what I can see?

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1498769265' post='3327001']
I'm definitely going Yamaha for my next bass unless something interesting used comes up.
The vids of the new ones are all very nice but very little is played on the B string from what I can see?
[/quote]

Isn't that generally the case with B strings?

The low D and C and the E at the 5th fret seem to be the most popular B string notes.

Guest subaudio

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1498781678' post='3327062']

Isn't that generally the case with B strings?

The low D and C and the E at the 5th fret seem to be the most popular B string notes.
[/quote]

Indeed but as it's a video to promote the bass I'd have thought they would have made sure they show the full range of the bass rather than harmonics and mid to upper flash etc.

If they are trying to sell me a 5 string bass, I want to hear the B string being played properly so I can make an informed choice.

I like Yamaha a lot I'd just like a more rounded/fuller view of what it can/cant do.

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1498783396' post='3327066']
Indeed but as it's a video to promote the bass I'd have thought they would have made sure they show the full range of the bass rather than harmonics and mid to upper flash etc.

If they are trying to sell me a 5 string bass, I want to hear the B string being played properly so I can make an informed choice.

I like Yamaha a lot I'd just like a more rounded/fuller view of what it can/cant do.
[/quote]

Agreed.

I've had plenty of 5 strings where all the bass except the low string has been excellent.

Need some nice low piano tone notes from that B string to decide.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1498833547' post='3327461']
I'm in GG tomorrow. Help me if they've got these discounted yamahas in. :(

£300 off list price for that 1025x
[/quote]

Ha! I'd leave my wallet at home just in case if I were you. You'll almost certainly be handing over a few notes otherwise :lol:

Guest subaudio

I have to say I'm a little irked that the 1025's are being discounted just as I'd settled on them as my next bass, I've only just started saving up :)

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1498836951' post='3327487']
I wonder why the price difference between bb2024 and bb34 is so great? Both made in Japan.
[/quote]

Looks like Yamaha are pitching the new top -of -the-range model at a much lower price point than the previous series. These basses look to be essentially straightforward conventional PJ models The 20 series was, by comparison, unique and really rather special. I doubt these new basses feature spline joints etc.

Nevertheless, any Japanese -made Yamahas will still be pretty good, regardless!

Edited by Misdee

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1498931113' post='3328101']

Heathen!
[/quote]

:lol: I saw a BB2024 in white with maple board posted on here a few years ago. For some reason I seem to remember that GreeneKing was the owner...I could be wrong though.

It looked amazing!