Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Fender Custom shop Precision Bass vintage white, ebony fretboard, heavy relic.
£2250

Hamstar8

£1999 ! It is with a heavy heart I am putting this up for sale, you are looking at a custom shop relic p bass with ebony fretboard, this is under 2 years old, I had it made with a modern C profile P bass neck profile With a 42mm nut, I also had the back of the neck left smooth as my previous experiences with worn necks made my hands stick, this is an easy player with a great sound and looks great too, it's light enough to feel totally comfortable, still has the strings on it came with so I have no idea what they are.
Feel free to ask any questions or to come and look if in the St Albans area. Comes with tweed hard case and all the usual stuff. Collection only please. St Albans / North London or buyer arranges courier + insurance etc.

Edited by Hamstar8

[quote name='three' timestamp='1498987508' post='3328329']
Is this a J width nut (1.5") - not easy to tell from the images?
[/quote]

Hi
No I don't think so, I asked for an American standard p bass neck, although not that wide it's not a jazz neck.

[quote name='natjag' timestamp='1499338894' post='3330810']
Is this a modern radius board if you have the American Standard neck?
[/quote]

Sorry mate, I haven't a clue, all I know is that I had a 2009 /2010 standard p bass and loved the neck so I asked this to be the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be that 'in-between' nut width of 1.625" that quite a lot of modern P basses come with.

Given that it's £2K sale it's probably worth measuring to check. The difference between the three classic Fender nuts of 1.5", 1.625" and 1.75" can feel quite different (depends on neck profile and radius too of course).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...