Why become a member? ×

Where do people get these names?

Happy Jack

Hot on the heels of discovering that the latest round of security leaks in the USA was by a lady named [color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Reality Leigh Winner, it now seems that one of Cardinal Pell's sex-abuse accusers is Lyndon Monument.[/font][/color]

[color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Presumably his older brother is named 'Washington'?[/font][/color]

Somewhere I have a slim volume called Remarkable Names of Real People. I haven't seen it in some years, but a few of the entries stand out in my memory:

Heidi Yum-Yum Gluck
Zita Apathy
Mrs. Belcher Whack Whack

and my personal favourite...

Gaston J. Feeblebunny

Years ago, I took down the details of a customer called Penny Less. When she noticed me trying to suppress a smirk, she explained that "Less" was her husband's surname, and that apparently it could have been worse - before he met her, he nearly married a woman called Ruth.

My sister also reported receiving an inquiry from somebody called Breezy Pleasance, which sounds like some kind of air freshener.

I have come across a few at work over the years but sadly can't mention them, one I came across not work related that stuck in my mind was a lad called Dwayne Pipes, to be fair his mother had remarried but you would think they would have stuck with his original name. When I first heard it I thought someone was pulling my leg.

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1498826683' post='3327377']
Whoaahhh Black Betty

[URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/JohnnyWishbone035/media/Mobile%20Uploads/106B5D19-5406-44A0-8289-A477067F7F65.jpg.html][IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/JohnnyWishbone035/Mobile%20Uploads/106B5D19-5406-44A0-8289-A477067F7F65.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

That made me laugh.