Why become a member? ×

GK 1001rb, What does the post EQ button do?

blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1498868204' post='3327725']
Not sure what this button do in terms of what it sends to the house. I mean it sends my effects right?

Blue
[/quote]

Yep it just sends the di to foh before the eq section or after it, means foh can change or tweak the sound more than working of your eq. I'm always post eq tho as I've set up the eq to work with effects aswell so I prefer that.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1498893934' post='3327780']

Yep it just sends the di to foh before the eq section or after it, means foh can change or tweak the sound more than working of your eq. I'm always post eq tho as I've set up the eq to work with effects aswell so I prefer that.
[/quote]

Ill do that too, so, keep the post EQ button on the in position?

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1498897593' post='3327801']
Ill do that too, so, keep the post EQ button on the in position?

Blue
[/quote]

Be aware that, with the Post EQ button selected, any tweaks to your EQ while you're onstage will affect the signal sent to the desk. So if you increase the gain on your amp, the signal to the desk will also increase. So it's a good idea to avoid making any EQ adjustments to your amp, after the band starts playing, if you can.

With Pre EQ selected, your DI out just acts like a standard DI box and any tweaks to your amp EQ will not effect the signal to the desk.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1498901980' post='3327840']

Be aware that, with the Post EQ button selected, any tweaks to your EQ while you're onstage will affect the signal sent to the desk. So if you increase the gain on your amp, the signal to the desk will also increase. So it's a good idea to avoid making any EQ adjustments to your amp, after the band starts playing, if you can.

With Pre EQ selected, your DI out just acts like a standard DI box and any tweaks to your amp EQ will not effect the signal to the desk.
[/quote]

This is a tough one, now I'm thinking I should use pre eq option because I'm changing changing volumes from song to song.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1498939710' post='3328175']
This is a tough one, now I'm thinking I should use pre eq option because I'm changing changing volumes from song to song.

Blue
[/quote]

Have a chat with the engineer and make him aware you will be altering your gain occasionally. He can keep an eye on the signal coming from your amp.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1498956669' post='3328255']

Have a chat with the engineer and make him aware you will be altering your gain occasionally. He can keep an eye on the signal coming from your amp.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the help.

We go on at 7:00 tonight, Frampton starts at 9:30.

Rainy here in Milwaukee, I'll just pretend I'm playing Glastonbury.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1498939710' post='3328175']

Blue
[/quote]
Really? If you are going to do that then ideally you need a volume pedal on your board.

Good luck with the gig...