Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE SBMM SB14 bass
£450

ead

Hi all

For sale is my Sterling By Music Man SB14 bass. This is one of around 1,000 basses made in this colour and dates to 2010 (not 2011 as I had previously written - made in Indonesia). The bass is in excellent overall condition with a couple of light scratches on the back which I will see if I can polish out. A couple of things to mention:[list]
[*]When I got the bass the previous owner had clearly taken a file to the nut in a none too subtle way so the bass now sports a buffalo horn nut (like bone but black - to keep the overall blackness level)
[*]The pickguard had some scratches too so the bass now has a new custom p/g in the same B/W/B scheme as the original one (original one included)
[*]I have just had a pro setup done on the bass including fret leveling and polishing and a brand new set of D'Addario EXL170BT strings.
[/list]
The necks on these are pretty slim and quite jazz-like. This particular bass weighs in at bang on 9lbs by my scales so quite light for the breed.

The body is basswood, and the maple neck has some birdseye content too. The rosewood board has been cleaned and oiled as well.

The electronics are 3EQ plus pickup coil switching to give three options: Parallel for the classic Stingray sound; single coil with phantom coil - hum cancelling; and series options. The bass comes with an SBMM gig bag; probably the best gig bag I've come across with nice soft and thick padding.

These SBMM basses get a lot of love on t'interweb.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by ead

• 2 weeks later...