Why become a member? ×

GK Fusion MB800 - any good? Going rate second hand!

tonyclaret

I have one - it is the best amp I have had so far, and I've had a few. I use it in preference to my Eden WT800. I have had a Reidmar 750 which sounded great, but just wasnt for me. I traded the Reidmar for a TC RH750, and again is a good sound but the MB800 Fusion sounds more appropriate for my playing style. It is bright and gets very agressive if needed. The EQ is voice well and it has *heaps* of volume. I usually play with 2 x Big Baby II (due to a very loud drummer) - I am never past 10 o clock. Even with 1 cab/8 ohms it is plenty loud, and with a sensible volume band I'm not past 10 o clock on the master out!

Lighweight, compact, loud and sounds great.

Oh, and the lights look great :)

How much worth it is spending the extra money over the MB800 standard, I'm not sure - I feel I can hear the tubes in the preamp section, but that just might be psychoacoustics!

I've got an MB500 Fusion - like it very much. It's flipping loud through my two Berg112s - the 800 must be a beast.

The two channel thing on the 500 doesn't do much for me as it just gain and volume variation, shares the same EQ as the other channel. Would be handy to be able to re-eq it on the second channel.

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1499769962' post='3333432']
The two channel thing on the 500 doesn't do much for me as it just gain and volume variation, shares the same EQ as the other channel. Would be handy to be able to re-eq it on the second channel.
[/quote]

Ah, that's annoying. I assumed you could EQ a completely different sound onto the second channel.

Be aware that if you have fat sausage fingers (like mine) then the controls are extremely close together on these amps. They are also very easy to move - meaning that they are easily knocked out of position too... It might not bother everyone, but I found it insufferable and sold the amp on...