Why become a member? ×

Sold: 1982 Vantage X-88B Bass from Matsumoku
£175

Grangur

[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]This is a Vantage X-88B Bass guitar from 1982. It's in amazing condition for a 35 year old bass. It does have a few dings, but the condition is quite remarkable. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]The knobs have been replaced, but the originals are included. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]It's all set up and working well. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Body Japanese Ash Solid construction. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Neck 3-piece rock maple. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Fingerboard Rosewood. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Scale length 32-1/4 inches [/size][/font][/color]
Weight: 3.46Kg. 7.63lb
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Frets 22 frets [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Pickups Delano S-600 [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Controls 1 Volume, 1 Tone; Passive [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Bridge Ripper type. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Tailpiece Brass saddles. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Tuners Chrome plated die-cast[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Hardware Chrome plated [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Finishes Tobacco Brown and Dark Brown Shade. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]In production 1982[/size][/font][/color]

Most of the marks here are dust, but you can see here that I have the original knobs

Located in East Herts, but I travel about a fair bit. Or I can post it at shipping cost.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1499768241' post='3333409']
how do you know it's Matsumoku? not doubting you but I've got a Hondo from the same period, the body's a different shape but the bridge etc look the same, I've always wondered whether it's a Matsumoku
[/quote]

All Vantage basses were manufactured by Matsumoku. I don't believe Hondo's were though.

What does it weigh please and can you post a pic of the back showing the neck heel? (I'm interested in mod potential for something I have in mind). Thanks

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1499782025' post='3333561']
What does it weigh please and can you post a pic of the back showing the neck heel? (I'm interested in mod potential for something I have in mind). Thanks
[/quote]

It's nice and light. I've had a few Westones and this is a lot lighter. When I get home tonight I'll weigh it.
I sometimes travel near Horsham for work. So I could drop in sometime. Maybe meet you lunchtime at your work, if you are interested.

Edited by Grangur

Thanks and good to know that you sometimes venture this way. I like that this is 32" but it would require a bit of modding for what I have in mind. Let me have a think.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1499797777' post='3333715']
Thanks and good to know that you sometimes venture this way. I like that this is 32" but it would require a bit of modding for what I have in mind. Let me have a think.
[/quote]
To answer your other question -
Weight: 3.46Kg. 7.63lb

I'm curious about your plans for the project.

My first decent bass was one of these!! It had a lovely neck and a dimarzio P pickup, it was fantastic. I replaced it with an ibanez musician :)
a great bass and in a bit tempted!

Edited by lee650

Thanks for the weight. Project is eyes only lol! A flight of fancy that may never see the light of day but you never know. Half the fun is thinking about it :)

• 2 months later...