Why become a member? ×

Which Octave Pedal

Thunderbird

Hey Paul, see if you can find an old Dod Octoplus. I had one years ago and it tracked much better than the Boss (can't remember which model it was now) that I had at the same time. The Boss did both 1 and 2 octaves down whereas the Dod only did 1 octave down, but to be honest 99% of the time when you use it, you'll only really need 1 octave down on bass anyway!

There's also a really good octave model (can't remember the name of that either!) on the Zoom MS-60B. You can pick those up used for around £50 ish.

In my experience, I would warn you against using the Rowin Octopus pedal. It's in the price range, but it doesn't hold up well compared to the better standard/dearer pedals. The one I briefly had Octaved up a tone/semitone out of key. It didn't sound right to my ears at all.
Apologies if this doesn't help. I just wanted to give you a heads up!

What do you want to use it for? For fat synthy octave down you want an analog octaver like the OC-2, if you want clean octave up/down then a digital one such as the POG is what you seek. If you want it mainly for drop tuning, then one with different intervals like the Digitech Drop might be best suited.

Btw the Joyo Tender Octave appears to be discontinued now, don't go for their Pure Octave or Pitch Box, both are crap. The only one I could find for sale in the UK is here:

http://www.hoganmusic.co.uk/mooer-tender-octaver-pedal.ir

Enquire first though, as the picture and description is for the Pure Octave, even though they have that one listed separately at a different price!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1499544222' post='3332144']
What do you want to use it for? For fat synthy octave down you want an analog octaver like the OC-2, if you want clean octave up/down then a digital one such as the POG is what you seek. If you want it mainly for drop tuning, then one with different intervals like the Digitech Drop might be best suited.

Btw the Joyo Tender Octave appears to be discontinued now, don't go for their Pure Octave or Pitch Box, both are crap. The only one I could find for sale in the UK is here:

[url="http://www.hoganmusic.co.uk/mooer-tender-octaver-pedal.ir"]http://www.hoganmusi...ctaver-pedal.ir[/url]

Enquire first though, as the picture and description is for the Pure Octave, even though they have that one listed separately at a different price!
[/quote]Thanks for the help :) Im not really sure what I want to do with it was just going to play around and find some fun sounds lol

I've recently got myself a Valeton octave pedal, which is based on the Boss oc2. Even looks like it but is about half the size of the Boss. From memory of when I had an OC2, the Valeton seems to track pretty much the same! It's also about half the price of the Boss at around £50!

[quote name='MarkG3' timestamp='1499611722' post='3332488']
I've recently got myself a Valeton octave pedal, which is based on the Boss oc2. Even looks like it but is about half the size of the Boss. From memory of when I had an OC2, the Valeton seems to track pretty much the same! It's also about half the price of the Boss at around £50!
[/quote]sounds good is that the pinky purple coloured one

Or £1 cheaper with free delivery: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/valeton-loft-series-octave-oc-10-guitar-pedal-based-on-the-boss-oc-2-octave-pedal

However, for that price you can pick up a used OC-2 which means you won't take a hit when you sell it on!