Why become a member? ×

Boss ME-50B power cut issue

indiegrungesound

I don't know if anyone else has had an issue like this with this pedal, but I thought I should ask!
Whilst rehearsing today, the power went on my Boss ME-50B pedal. Basically, the lights started fluttering, the bass amp output started sputtering, the number/tuner display window flickered what looked like a "Db", then cut out completely. It did this twice in 10 minutes. The power also went from my reverb and line/amp selector pedal (Every was being powered by a Boss 9v adaptor plug, linked by a Stagg daisy chain extension.).
After a lot of unplugging & plugging back in, I was able to get back up & running. I had my Boss ME-50B running off of the Boss 9v plug only, whilst I had my octave, reverb & line selector pedals daisy chained from my 2nd/back up 9v adaptor (An EHX branded one.).
I think I might need to use a surge protected extension lead next time, whilst maybe getting & using some new & better grade of daisy chain leads, at the very least.
Has anyone had issues like this with a Boss ME-50B? Or any other Multi effects bass pedals. I was a bit dismayed, as this the first time anything like this has happened with this pedal in the 13 or so years of owning & using the pedal!

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1499746592' post='3333260']
Ditch the ME50b and buy individual pedals, COSM sounds aweful today.[/quote]

I have considered that, but I do happen to like the sounds of the COSM effects. They also work in the context of the band mix too!

There's also the fact that the ME-50B has a Combined Chorus/Reverb effect that sounds great and is integral to one of the songs in my band's set. I don't know if there's an equivalent and/or affordable alternative in a single stomp box readily available. I think Earthquaker Devices do one (The Dispatcher), and-if memory serves me correctly-Mooer do something similar. It'd just be a case of considering sourcing and cost!

Ta for the feedback anyway!