Why become a member? ×

Bryant Double Bass Soloist Model WITHDRAWN
£6150

[size=3]Back up for sale is my Paul Bryant Double Bass, soloist model.[/size]

[size=3]Paul is well known for making fantastic double basses in the English/Italian style. I’ve been fortunate to commission and own 3 of his basses and each one has been amazing and a delight to play![/size]

[size=3]Paul describes his soloist model as,[/size]
[size=3]“A great little bass, with classic Italian styling, good for Arco work, jazz, or general gigging. Compact and easy to transport, but with a big sound, a very versatile bass.”[/size]

[size=3]I’ve used this bass in all kinds of settings, big classical symphonies, chamber music, solo recitals, recordings, jazz groups of all sorts and music theatre/pit work and I’ve always been very happy with how great it sounds and plays. Also I’m amazed at how the bass holds up against others that are bigger and much more expensive.[/size]

[size=3]The particulars for this one are as follows:[/size]

[size=3]length of back: 43”[/size]
[size=3]string length: 41”[/size]
[size=3]rib depth: 8 1/2” (8 3/4’s at the widest point on the lower bout)[/size]
[size=3]upper bout: 20”[/size]
[size=3]lower bout: 25 1/2”[/size]
[size=3]varnish is red, golden, brown[/size]
[size=3]swell back of lightly flamed maple (most of Paul’s basses are flat back and plainer wood)[/size]
[size=3]sides of medium flame maple[/size]
[size=3]neck and scroll of highly flamed maple[/size]
[size=3]front of medium grained Sitka spruce[/size]
[size=3]comes with a certificate of authenticity[/size]

[size=3]In 2013 Paul valued the bass at £7000, so it would be a bit more by now.[/size]

[size=3]Sale price is [b]£6150[/b] (sorry no trades)[/size]

[size=3]Other Bryant basses and soloist models do come up for sale at lower prices but Paul made different levels of bass and this one is in the top of his range, Paul himself said that this bass was, ‘one of the better ones’.[/size]
[size=3]Also this particular bass has several more things going for it; swell back rather than flat (costs a lot more to make in the first place), much more flamed wood than is usual for a Bryant bass, it’s been played in a lot and the sound has really matured and improvement works by Malcolm Healey.[/size]

[size=3]The bass comes with a David Gage Realist pick up installed and a light soft case.[/size]

[size=3]You’re very welcome to come over and try the bass and any questions please do ask.[/size]

[size=3][attachment=248669:front 1.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248670:front 2.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248671:neck 1.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248672:neck 2.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248674:scroll 2.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248675:side 1.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248676:side 2.jpg][/size]

[size=3][attachment=248677:back.jpg][/size]

Edited by Ian Davies

• 4 weeks later...