Why become a member? ×

Fender . Credit where credit due

danbowskill

I am never in the habit of bigging up any big corp....But fender uk have done me a massive solid

I scored a used fender super bassman from this lovely parish a few months ago and after a while it started developing issues (fuse constantly blowing when playing gig volume) and auto bias messing up. so i sent it to my local tech, He told me i had a arcing issue due to a couple of caps baring to much wire that he put down to manufacturing flaw.

Not expecting much as the amp was pre owned and long past any warranty.....but i thought id give fender a try and see what they say in regards to a repair, They offered to collect and repair for free even though it had no warranty ,Excellent i thought and off it went :-)
a few weeks later i got in touch (knew it would be a while till return) to where we are at , said they are waiting for new boards etc ......cut a long story short.......a week later a received a message saying its taking to long so they have decided to send me a brand new £2100 head instead! :-O

Just arrived .
Super impressed with Fenders customer Service. I didn't expect it to be so great ( i was ready for a battle)
Well happy chap. goes to show if you don't try etc
[attachment=248685:20170706_193336.jpg]

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1499690781' post='3332948']
Terrific service for sure. After this, Fender might be inundated with a barage of dodgy jazz bass guitars that made it through QC over the years☺
[/quote]

The postage fees on a 70s Jazz would cost about the same as sending a baby elephant by post!

that is great for you, but surely that is stupid business sense. Replacing a second hand unit with a brand new one? No wonder their stuff is so expensive lol. I have three Fenders and I'd rather they knock a few hundred off the price and stop doing these stupid deals.

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1499928305' post='3334508']
that is great for you, but surely that is stupid business sense. Replacing a second hand unit with a brand new one? No wonder their stuff is so expensive lol. I have three Fenders and I'd rather they knock a few hundred off the price and stop doing these stupid deals.
[/quote]

But the reputation they get for customer care and service will more than make up for it (I'd hope).