Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Two10 vs Markbass 102p TRV *opinions please*

largo

So, I've had myself a couple of Barefaced One10's for a while now and they sound great and are really light, they do sometimes lack a bit of bite. My guess is it's my old problem of standing too close to the cabs on a lot of gigs and the real sound flapping past my ankles!

So, I'm thinking of following in mcnach's footsteps and stacking a pair of Two10's vertically to get the sound up nearer my ears. I see that the Markbass 102P Traveller cabs are similar in weight (slightly less so) and wondered whether this was an option to try as well. Surprised there's never been a comparison done on the BC forum but would value opinions.

My current amp does 2 ohms but it's not to say it'll always be my amp, so the benefits of the MB are they are 8 ohm cabs (so 4 ohm load) & have recessed handles which I've always preferred. However, tone wins every time, so would need to sound great to trump the BF.

For the record, I'm a less bass, more mid-type of guy than a low rumble, smiley-face one.

Cheers y'all.

Edited by largo

I have a one10 (plus two other Barefaced cabs - see signature) so I know the cab quite well. I did have a pair of Markbass Traveller 2 x 10s about 9 - 10 years ago, so the experience isn't that recent.

But the Traveller cabs, stacked four in a row, was a great sounding rig. A bit middy, not in a bad way, but with enough lows to sound smooth. This is just a guess as I don't have a two10, but I'd guess the real-world performance is similar. The two10 would have perhaps slightly more volume and certainly more bottom but the Travellers are a perfectly acceptable, to my ears anyway.

A bit of a ramble but I hope it helps a little.

(I'd love to try a pair of one10s. I've been tempted to buy another for a long time.)

Frank.

I`ve not had the Traveller cabs but my findings on all the Markbass cabs I have had have been they have a high-end roll-off. Not an issue if your backline does the whole sound, but something to take into account if you always DI - what FOH gets will be much toppier than what you get on stage.