Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick $$ 5 String Corvette
£700

benjifaith

Selling my Warwick $$ 5 string Swamp Ash Body.

£700 (plus Postage if I cant travel to you)

Plays fantastic and sounds great. I just don't have any use for it to be honest. Tried venture into 5 string world but think I'm set for 4 strings haha.

German Made
Swamp ash body
2 MEC Humbucker style pickups
Active bass
Extensive EQ system
Passive Active push pull pot

Some cosmetic damage to the knobs with black peeling to reveal gold.
Some slapping grooves on the body, other than that in perfect condition.

Contact me on here or better through my email ([email protected])

located in Warrington near Manchester and Liverpool.

contact me for more information

[attachment=248774:IMG_1817.JPG]

Edited by benjifaith

My old bass and the only one I really wish I didn't let go - A few months ago I went on a PM journey to find this again. Don't have the funds for it right now but whoever picks this up is getting a fantastic bass. I went through bit of a phase of trying all sorts of basses after this but nothing came close to the sound or playability of this beast.

Benjifaith is a good guy too. Was kind enough to message me a wee while back for first refusal but as stated above I can't right now - gutting!

All the best!

• 3 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Selling my Warwick $$ 5 string Swamp Ash Body.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£700 (plus Postage if I cant travel to you)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plays fantastic and sounds great. I just don't have any use for it to be honest. Tried venture into 5 string world but think I'm set for 4 strings haha.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]German Made[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Swamp ash body[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 MEC Humbucker style pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Active bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Extensive EQ system[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Passive Active push pull pot[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Some cosmetic damage to the knobs with black peeling to reveal gold.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Some slapping grooves on the body, other than that in perfect condition.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Contact me on here or better through my email ([email protected])[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]located in Warrington near Manchester and Liverpool.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]contact me for more information[/font][/color]

Edited by benjifaith

• 2 weeks later...

Short answer: I think it will be a lightweight bass with huge tone.

Longer answer: I believe Corvettes used to be made of either Swamp Ash or Bubinga. The Swamp Ash bodies are lightweight (I have a 4 string Swamp Ash Corvette, similar sort of feel to an Ibanez, if that helps). Swamp Ash is comparatively soft - so expect to see some signs of wear/evidence of playing on a (presumably) 20ish year old bass, which all adds to the character. (You can sand it down and oil/wax it, if you want it to look new.) The neck and bell brass frets however, are very robust. As it is an active bass you'll get a huge range of tones out of this.

I had one of these in black oil finish as my main "go-to" instrument - swamp ash, but not the lightest of basses - however, I agree the wood is rather soft and prone to buckle rash on the rear. They are however, tone monsters! Absolutely fantastic range of tones and the typical Warwick "punch" that can knock out windows! Also first rate build quality and silent electronics. I was sad to see mine go - this one is a bargain in my opinion, so someone is going to be very happy indeed. You won't regret it 👍

I find it to be similar to most 5 strings weight wise but it's no ibanez sr haha. With a good strap you can't feel it.

Has an amazing tone and great power. I just have no use for it and it's too beautiful to sit on a hurcules clamp haha