Why become a member? ×

Amp suggestions

T-Bay

I run a TE 1x15 combo and 2x12 cab but thinking that it may be worth investing in a separate head to use with the 2x12 for smaller venues (small- medium pub size probably up to 120 people sort of size)I won't use it very often so don't want to spend a lot if possible and will most likely buy second hand. A couple of TC ones seem to fit the bill and I have even had it suggested that a micro terror might manage (surely it's too small?) but would welcome other suggestions. I play a Gibson Thunderbird through minimal effects.

The TE Elf is due to arrive at the end of the month (allegedly) - £250 new, 200w at 4Ohm. If you can wait....

I saw an Ashdown Superfly 500w recently for around £200 - PM Lozz for more info - he loves Ashdown as much as I love TE:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ashdown-Engineering-Superfly-500-Bass-Head-500W-Bass-Guitar-Amp-/182647609624?hash=item2a86a55918:g:nhkAAOSwd~RZT-nL

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1499718815' post='3333167']
The TE Elf is due to arrive at the end of the month (allegedly) - £250 new, 200w at 4Ohm. If you can wait....

I saw an Ashdown Superfly 500w recently for around £200 - PM Lozz for more info - he loves Ashdown as much as I love TE:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ashdown-Engineering-Superfly-500-Bass-Head-500W-Bass-Guitar-Amp-/182647609624?hash=item2a86a55918:g:nhkAAOSwd~RZT-nL
[/quote]
The Elf is very appealing and I can certainly wait that long if needed so is one to add to the list.

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1499718661' post='3333162']
There is a pre-loved David Eden (US built) WTX-260 in the For Sale section - not mine - going for around £175. UK seller. I have my eye on it myself! B)
[/quote]
It's not a maker I know anything about but the specs look very good.

Although I do indeed love Ashdown, given that you have the TE sound already I`d probably look at The Elf, that is, if it appears anytime soon. And given the liking for TE, if The Elf isn`t forthcomong then Ashdown would be a good place to look, as they came from TE. Forget the woolly reputations, Ashdown do far more than just the subharmonic generator. But I do agree with Frank, GK MB200 def worth a look, they get a lot of love and fit the bill pretty much exactly.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1500321343' post='3336957']
With the price of "old" TE gear why not pick up a 130/200w head and use it with your 2x12? You know what you're getting and how to set it up to your liking.

You could probably find a good TE head for under £200.
[/quote]
Oddly enough that is exactly what I am in the process of doing, I am waiting to hear back from a guy on eBay with a decent head for sale. May also save up for some lighter weight kit at a later date but for now it seems the easiest way forward.