Why become a member? ×

Sat 5th Aug, Brighton: Cherry White at The Revelator

EliasMooseblaster

So who among you lives in the vicinity of Brighton? Now keep your hand up if you enjoy some dark blues-rock with a bit of a prog leaning. If your hand is still raised, then we have just the thing for you: Cherry White are coming to The Revelator, a splendid new blues bar in the middle of Brighton.

I do believe this one's free entry, but booking a table might be advisable - see http://revelator.pub for details.

[attachment=248974:revelator5Augv1.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1501925284' post='3348229']
'morning folks, one last bump before I saddle up a bass and mosey on down to Brighton.
[/quote]
Don't forget it is Pride this weekend - shouldn't affect the end of town you're in too much, but may take a little longer getting in and parking up. See you later.

[quote name='clauster' timestamp='1501928731' post='3348273']
I am planning on coming along.
[/quote]
Splendid - I should be fairly easy to spot on account of the bass guitar hanging off my shoulders!
[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1501927053' post='3348250']
Don't forget it is Pride this weekend - shouldn't affect the end of town you're in too much, but may take a little longer getting in and parking up. See you later.
[/quote]
Good point, thank you - the venue did warn us that the roads might be busier today. See you later!

Well I enjoyed that. Shame Pride had taken its toll on a potential audience, and was a bit strange the way the pub wanted you finished and out so early, but the band sounded great, tasty bass playing and a huge tome from that Thunderbird.

Let me know if you are down this way again.

Cheers,
Mike

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1502030664' post='3348837']
Well I enjoyed that. Shame Pride had taken its toll on a potential audience, and was a bit strange the way the pub wanted you finished and out so early, but the band sounded great, tasty bass playing and a huge tome from that Thunderbird.

Let me know if you are down this way again.

Cheers,
Mike
[/quote]

Thanks for coming along, Mike - great to meet you and Si. Still quite mystified by their decision to bring the DJ on so early; can only presume they were hoping to draw in a few revellers on their way back up the hill from the main Pride celebration. Still, hopefully they'll have us back in the near future and we can play until a more sensible hour!

Cheers,

Ralph