Why become a member? ×

Wounded Paw v3 blender

Leonard Smalls

Anyone used one of these?
I like the look of this pedal as it's got 3 separate loops that can be blended, or 2 with a clean signal with bass/treble adjustment, and phase switching on loops b and c.
Is it worth almost double the price of a boss ls2 for the extra functionality, or is it worthwhile going for the Xotic stereo blender for £150 more?

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you need that extra functionality then it is worth the cost, if you don't need it then it's overkill.

A phase reverse switch is very handy to have on a blender though, which the LS-2 doesn't have. Although you could just get yourself a mini One Control Mosquite blender (or a pair of them!).

The Xotic stereo job looks well overpriced and only useful if you absolutely need to blend pedals that output in stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually bought the V4 with up to 4 separate loops, plus high pass filters on 2 channels, phase reverse on all and bass/treble on channel A (which I would use as clean for blending in).
Excellent piece of kit - takes a bit of fiddling to set up, but it' much quieter than using the effects without it, and I have the choice of putting loops in series, or having them in parallel. Which means I can have the clean Wal, bass whammy with low octave chord, Darkglass tube distortion (sounds better phase reversed) and 3 leaf envelope filter all on parallel loops - this sounds like the bass has been multi-tracked with different effects on each track, then blended to give a huge sound.
Costs 4-5 times more than a 2nd hand Boss LS2, but it does so much more!
Love it... And http://www.joespedals.com/ were very helpful indeed.