Why become a member? ×

Digitech SDRUM!

dannybuoy

This does look pretty good to be fair. It has its limitations, for example only 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures are supported. I suspect Digitech may do what they did with the Trio line of pedals and release a "SDrum +" model down the line with more bells and whistles.

Also, for those who care about such things, this is a thirsty little beast. 800mA current draw :o

The SDrum is the only one that will let you program beats by strumming your lower/upper strings as kick/snare though... which is a killer feature, but only if it works out to be reliable in real world situations and if you have the flexibility to add fills/endings like the BeatBuddy can.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have received my Sdrum pedal but have had very little time with it so far.  Maybe around an hour spent mucking around with it. 

First of all is is quite intuitive to get started.

The strumming feature doesn't work very well on bass.  Kick drum works pretty well on the muted E string but the muted G results in a lot kick/snare combos rather than just snare.  Might have to work on my technique. I've tried both fingers and pick and get pretty much the same result after recalibration.  Using the drum pads on the pedal works just fine for me anyway.  I doubt it'll ever get used live.  Very much a practice and song writing tool for me. 

The auto generated chorus works fairly well.  You can create your own too.  Same with the bridge part tho it doesn't auto generate without intervention. 

Im quite tempted to get a Jamman Solo XT now... 

• 2 months later...