Why become a member? ×

SORTED Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision - where could I find an 'off the shelf' scratchplate?

Deedee

Hi all

I'm going to have a look at a Silver Series Squier P today. It looks rather lovely, however if I buy it I may want to fit a black scratchplate instead of the tort one that's fitted.

Does anybody know of a supplier or model of plate that would fit 'off the shelf'?

Cheees

Edited by Deedee

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1500128428' post='3335798']
Try dangleberry music on ebay they sell these but have a template you can download so you know if you plate will fit correctly
[/quote]

Many thanks. The tort may grow on me, but I do like a black one on sunburst 😍

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1500152348' post='3335994']
Vinyl wrap could be your friend is easy to apply and easily reversable and cheap
[/quote]

Ooh tell me more. That sounds like it could be the quickest/easiest solution and as you say, it's reversible.

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1500152739' post='3335997']

Ooh tell me more. That sounds like it could be the quickest/easiest solution and as you say, it's reversible.
[/quote]if you have a peek on ebay and put in vinyl wrap it should show you what you need I buy a4 size sheets they will do on guard and only cost a couple of quid just take your time applying it and try not to get any air bubble in or then just trim the excess off I use a very sharp scalpel for this if you take care the results are most pleasing

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1500189648' post='3336068']
I put a Squier branded scratchplate on my Silver series P. It was a direct fit.
[/quote]

Was that listed as a particular Squier model? Do you have a link to where you bought it from?

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1500193568' post='3336088']
Was that listed as a particular Squier model? Do you have a link to where you bought it from?
[/quote]

I bought it from here: http://www.basspartsresource.com/middle_bass.htm, but it seems to no longer be listed :( . Mine was tort and I'm sure was listed as a deluxe precision, meaning it was designed to have three knobs and a side jack. It did however fit and I just used the three holes as volume, tone and the jack socket.

Well after all that faffing, it turns out that the Black plate on my 2011 Squier VM Precision fits! 🙄

Now I know some people may want to stone me for swapping them over, but I for one think they both look great.