My YouTube Channel for Bass Covers

3 replies to this topic

#1 Avi14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hi everyone ! So I have learnt bass for around 2 years but couldn't really play it much from 2011-2016 due to studies and other engagements. I have finally got back to playing the bass this year and am recording Bass Covers of songs.

Do check out my YouTube channel ! https://www.youtube....-0ZCjHVCHlVhr_Q

Also, I am linking one of the recent songs that I covered:

https://www.youtube....h?v=u-xe0zGzcqI

Feedback would be highly appreciated !

Edited by Avi14, 15 July 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Dad3353

Basschat Lifer

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,323 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

View PostAvi14, on 15 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Feedback would be highly appreciated !

Good evening, Avi14, and ...

Attached Image: monthly_07_2014/post-11876-0-00402400-1406281416.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

Good stuff; well done. A word, if I may on tuning: it's important that the bass be in tune, every time, every session, every string. If you've not got a tuner, use tones found on t'web, and check the intonation of the bass. Everything will sound soooooo much better. Just sayin'; bravo for sharing, and keep it up.
Have a nice day
Dad3353 (Douglas...)

BassChat Terms & Conditions............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#3 Avi14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

Thanks a lot for the feedback 'Dad 3353'. I am currently tuning my bass guitar with an app on my phone called 'Guitar Tuna' but I'm not sure if it is reliable to depend on the phone's mic for tuning.

#4 Dad3353

Basschat Lifer

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,323 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

It's the ears that need to become trained to hear correct tuning, whatever method is used. Here's a link to a guitar page explaining several diferent ways, equally applicable to bass. It's worth going over each of these methods, and using more than one method as a 'cross-check'...

4 Ways To Tune A Guitar ...

None of these methods will give good results if the bass itself is not set up correctly, especially the intonation (meaning having all the notes, all the way up the neck, correct when the open string is correct...). If you're not familiar with this, look it up on t'web, and/or have a chat with a decent guitar or bass tech to get the instrument set up to its best.
Hope this helps. B)
Have a nice day
Dad3353 (Douglas...)

BassChat Terms & Conditions............... Forum Behaviour Guidelines............... Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users