Why become a member? ×

NAD

Paul S

Not quite an accurate statement as the amp is second hand and I've had it longer than a day. Anyway, obbm (Dave) came to my assistance after I had put out a shout for a Mesa Boogie Prodigy Four:88, having decided that one of these was realistically my best shout at an all tube head because of it's low weight.

It is a one hand carry - 14kg on my luggage scales. Very compact, looks great sitting on top of my Barefaced Supercompact. I imagine it would look even better sitting on top of both my Supercompacts, but I haven't done that yet :)

Only used it at home - have a loud rehearsal tomorrow. But, my oh my, it sounds glorious. Nothing complicated about the EQ - bass, mids, treble and a 'voice' control that cuts mids one way, boosts them the other. Kind of. For me everything straight up, voice one notch to the left. The gain seems to be the key for using this - straight up is super clean, moves through warm and into grit as you turn it clockwise from there. For me around 1:30pm is perfect, before it starts to break up although that point varies between basses. But the richness, the sparkle - it brings my basses to life in a way that my other amps have failed to do - another league completely! Really looking forward to hearing it cut through tomorrow night!

Also a throwaway comment from Dave about it fitting into a tool box. After measuring every toolbox in Homebase and Wickes I found it fits neatly into a Stanley 23" Fatmax with a little space either side for leads. I had an offcut of upholstery foam to pad out the bottom a bit. I can stand on it (I weigh 100kg +/-) and there is no give. 17kg fully loaded, still no problem to lift or move about. Perfect!

[attachment=249239:MB1.jpg] [attachment=249240:MB2.jpg] [attachment=249241:MB3.jpg]

Edited by Paul S