Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cabs Stolen Manchester

V2factoryman

Hi Basschatters,

Sadly I was the victim of a car break in last night and my two Barefaced cabs together with my flight case containing all my cables, Boss TU3 tuner, microphone, and repair/maintenance tools were stolen. I live in Stockport, south of Manchester.

Devastated as it took me ages trying various cabs and amps before I settled on something I really liked.

Thankfully my basses and heads were elsewhere.

One cab was a mark one Big Baby T with a black Roqsolid cover with red piping, and the other was a Big Baby 2, no cover. The rubber on the handle on the Mk 1 was spilt and the metal would cut into your hand. The other was fairly pristine, just one small chip in the front bottom corner. The BBT is slightly bigger (taller) than the BB2 if sat together.

The flight case is plywood, black tolex finish, foam lined sides, lots of reinforcing alloy on corners etc, v sturdy piece of kit.

What a bummer, got a gig on Friday too :-(

If you are offered any of this or hear of it please contact me on here, thanks.

Edited by V2factoryman

Sorry to hear about this. This must be very frustrating and annoying.

Each time I read about this happening its usually starts with ....."stolen out of my car/ the band van....."

These bastards that steal our beloved gear have an eye out on us musicians. What I'm saying is its probably not just by chance they strike lucky when randomly choosing which car/van to break into.

Its a fair amount of grief when you are tired getting back at 1 am ect for sometimes the third night in a row, and the thought of carrying all our gear back inside is more work at the end of a busy night. Its late and no one is around and its out of sight in the boot. Surely no one can be arsed to run off down the road with a cabinet/s can they? Yes, they can be arsed ,and they have probably been watching you more than you think.

Stolen out of an unattended vehicle is way down on the "would cough up " list by insurance companies.

Not that any of that helps the OP now :(

[quote name='bassjim' timestamp='1500306066' post='3336805']

Each time I read about this happening its usually starts with ....."stolen out of my car/ the band van....."

These bastards that steal our beloved gear have an eye out on us musicians. What I'm saying is its probably not just by chance they strike lucky when randomly choosing which car/van to break into.

Its a fair amount of grief when you are tired getting back at 1 am ect for sometimes the third night in a row, and the thought of carrying all our gear back inside is more work at the end of a busy night. Its late and no one is around and its out of sight in the boot. Surely no one can be arsed to run off down the road with a cabinet/s can they? Yes, they can be arsed ,and they have probably been watching you more than you think.

Stolen out of an unattended vehicle is way down on the "would cough up " list by insurance companies.

Not that any of that helps the OP now :(
[/quote]

That is very true bassjim and that is more or less what happened and why the gear was still in my car. And they were the assumptions I made, "most people won't even know what a barefaced cab is, let alone steal it". I had removed the basses and heads as they are more portable/valuable. I didn't even think about the value of the flight case and contents until I came to source replacements today. £300+, but acquired over twenty years or more. Hard lesson to learn, empty the car no matter what the time is. :-)

Thanks very much for all the comments and sharing so far everyone, I do feel a bit of community spirit on here. Thank you, I'm so angry/upset!!!

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1500307387' post='3336821']
Have you reported it? I would start searching e bay, gumtree, schpock and local pawn shops.
[/quote]

Hi, yes I have reported it and have a crime number. Searching on eBay and gumtree, been in touch with local pawn shops. Don't know Shpock so will have a look, thanks for the suggestions.

[quote name='bassjim' timestamp='1500306066' post='3336805']

Each time I read about this happening it usually starts with ....."stolen out of my car/ the band van....."
[/quote]

Sorry to hear of this, mate.

I wonder how many landlords/promoters are aware of there being a problem with someone watching and following vans home and breaking in after a gig, but say nothing because, if they did they'd not get any bands?

[quote name='V2factoryman' timestamp='1500307730' post='3336824']
And they were the assumptions I made, "most people won't even know what a barefaced cab is, let alone steal it". I had removed the basses and heads as they are more portable/valuable.

[/quote]
[quote name='Mickeyboro' timestamp='1500319620' post='3336945']
Bastards! Good luck to you...there but for the grace of god go most of us.
[/quote]

Yep, often leave the cabs in the boot, thinking they are too bulky and cumbersome to bother nicking. Even at Barefaced weight that's quite a shocker. Reckon the thieves might have known they were valuable?

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1500307387' post='3336821']
Have you reported it? I would start searching e bay, gumtree, schpock and local pawn shops.
[/quote]

Really really sorry to hear of this awful incident :(
As others have said, keep an eye on Gumtree, ebay and local Facebook selling groups, and cash converter shops
Hope you get your gear back. Best of luck

Edited by Marc S

STOLEN EQUIPMENT RECOVERED! IT'S A MIRACLE! Here's the scoop.......about 7pm last night I got a phone call from my neighbour asking if I'd had any musical equipment stolen? Affirmative, stolen last night. Her brother had found a flight case containing leads and other stuff just up the road from where I live, found a reference to my name in there and my place of work, and rang my office....but I wasn't in. He rang his sister to say do you know Andy Burns, and hence she rang me. I hadn't seen the case at that stage so didn't know if everything was still in it, but I was sure it was mine. Then I thought, if they had dumped the case near to my house (which they had) they were probably on foot. They wouldn't want to be lugging a bass cabinet each round the streets in the middle of the night, so maybe they'd stashed them, to be picked up later with a vehicle? After an extensive search of neighbouring gardens I got to a piece of common land which I can only describe as like a small green. At the back of it, which is against the side walls of properties on two roads joining together, was a stretch of bushes and undergrowth. I ferreted about in there and eventually noticed an area of trodded down vegetation. I followed the trail and at the end of it, against the back wall, were my cabs! YAAAAY! So I thought I'd ring Miriam to fetch the car to pick them up, but I'd left my phone at home in my haste to get "on the case". I daren't leave them there, because it would be just my luck for them to have been collected by the thieves while I was getting my car! So I picked them both up and carried them back to the house! I went round to my neighbour to thank her for triggering the hunt in my mind, and her brother turned up with the case....everything still there....nothing gone, not the mic, the tuner, tools, nothing! So I've got everything back that was taken! RESULT! Big thanks to everyone who shared my post, sent me messages of condolence and support, and especially those who offered to tide me over with gear until I got sorted! I informed the police that I had recovered everything and gave them the location of the stash, to be honest it looked as if it had been used before. I don't know if they attended last night, I haven't heard anything. I'm sooo HAPPY! Thanks everybody!