Why become a member? ×

Louder Bass Rig Needed

Rocker

At the moment I am using a MarkBass MiniMark. A great amp but its limitations are max volume. I like the 'sound' of a MarkBass rig but the cost of the items are prohibitive at the moment. As always! On an Irish 'items for sale' website the following kit is offered:

http://www.adverts.ie/bass-amps/gallien-krueger-bass-rig/6426652

Looks and reads impressive but what is the opinions of those here who are in the know about these things. In August I plan to buy a MIM Fender Precision bass. Would that rig and the P bass give me the same comfy country thump that the MarkBass gives? My playing style is mainly roots, ascending and descending runs etc., no slap or bass solos. Think Don Williams, The Eagles, Smokie etc.

Thanks.

GK rigs are brighter sounding - if required - than Markbass, but having had a few GK amps, though not one of those, they can do a nice Precision "thump" very nicely. Only thing with that rig, it`ll be a beggar to cart about, though I reckon it will sound nice. I`d do a bit of research though, just to make sure that the amp will be loud enough for the band - plus as the speakers have been changed in the cabs that may make moving them on difficult so something to bear in mind.

If you like the sound of your amp, why not add a power amp (which you can drive from the preamp out or effects send) and additional cab(s)? PA power amps, even decent makes, are cheap to buy used. That way, you retain the small combo if you don't need more and can just augment it as needed.