Why become a member? ×

Warwick Alien, Korean (pre rock bass), 2005 - SOLD
£950

zatoichi

[size=4][attachment=251367:Alien 8.JPG][/size]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#333333][size=1]Reluctant sale of my gorgeous Warwick Alien bass. This is similar to the current top spec Aliens, currently selling for about £1400 new, but made with top quality materials to a very high standard in Korea rather than the current Chinese [/size]rock bass[size=1] models. Nicely aged, professionally set up by Graham Noden in Denmark Street, plays and sounds fantastic. Terrific projection for an ABG, this is one of the loudest I've heard, and has a very true, 'warwicky' bottom end, which a lot of ABGs lack. [/size][/color][/size][/font]

I've posted a larger photo gallery here:

[url="https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0QGtnIORGpvW6L"]https://www.icloud.c...B0QGtnIORGpvW6L[/url]

[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Comes with Tolex hard case (which was 100 euros extra) and a tribal planet soft gig bag.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by zatoichi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='zatoichi' timestamp='1502392879' post='3351212']
Crunch - that's the sound of me hitting my bottom line. I bought this for £750 10 years ago - not going to go any lower. Grab yourself a gorgeous well-aged ABG!
[/quote]

I'm probably missing something here - but the ad says £950 and you bought it for £750 ten years ago and won't go any lower? Normally people sell their 10-year-old basses for less than they bought them for, unless they're pre-CBS vintage Fenders...

[quote name='TCsBass' timestamp='1503619699' post='3359801']
Any interest in high end trades on this?
[/quote]

Hi, sorry for slow reply, notifications were turned off!

I might be up for a trade for a characterful Fender Jazz or P with particularly good tone. I currently have a 1992 Fender Jazz '62 reissue which is 90% there but could be improved, so basses in that ballpark.

Thanks, Tony

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1503697842' post='3360454']
I'm probably missing something here - but the ad says £950 and you bought it for £750 ten years ago and won't go any lower? Normally people sell their 10-year-old basses for less than they bought them for, unless they're pre-CBS vintage Fenders...
[/quote]

Hi, sorry the ad price is confusing - £950 is what I originally listed it at and it won't let me change it now!

These originally cost £1500 upwards, so I was really happy to get it for half price 10 years ago. Now the closest equivalent is around £1400 on Thomann. So it's still a bargain at just over half new price, and IMO more desirable for being nicely aged and played in, well looked after and setup and pre Chinese rock bass era. Put another way, if I were in there market for one now I'd snap it up at this price! I'm only selling it as I've bought a Takamine TB10 and can't justify having 2 high end ABGs, no matter how great they are :)

• 3 weeks later...