Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Glockenklang Blue Sky
£900

M@23

I should start by saying, I'm not 100% sure this is a smart move on my part and it is up elsewhere, so could be pulled at any moment. Only considering selling as I need to downsize all round, hence my Vanderkley also up for sale.

I'll post specs in a minute. But, this is quite simply the best I've used. It is 5kg, so bigger than the normal class D... But, it's different class. Comes with bag, Glock power cable and rack ears. It's less than a year old, as new.

https://ibb.co/fvSiSv
https://ibb.co/knGSnv
https://ibb.co/bv6tSv
https://ibb.co/etowfF

New Class A input stage
High performance class D power amp section (700 watts / 4 ohms, 375 watts / 8 ohms)
Also available as 2,7 ohms version 700 W / 2,7 ohm, 500 W / 4 ohm, 270 W / 8 ohm
Excellent equalisation section, switchable with semi - parametric mids
LED peak indicator for pre amp and power amp
LED indicators for all switch functions
Dual high impedance input A/B box with separate pre gain trim for input B
Effect Return also usable as mp3 player and additional mixing input
Balanced DI out
Tuner out
Phones out
Compact and robust design
Lightweight 5 kg (11 lbs)
Tone controls:
Switchable 4-band EQ
Bass +/- 15 dB
Low +/- 12 dB
Mid +/- 12dB
Mid frequency, 0,2 - 4 KHZ
Treble +/- 12 dB

Edited by M@23

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1500319002' post='3336929']
You're selling two of the best amps on the market?? Certifiable!!

I've spoken to your local Mental Health service and somebody will be round shortly with a nice white coat that does up at the back.
[/quote]

Haha... after posting this, I'd probably go freely too 😣

[quote name='steno' timestamp='1500544677' post='3338560']
Hi,
would you be willing to ship to Italy?
Thanks,
Stefano
[/quote]

Hi, yeah I can look into it. Going to price up shipping my cab later, so can sort this at the same time. Could you PM me your address please and I'll get back to you this evening.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1500550914' post='3338627']
Hi, yeah I can look into it. Going to price up shipping my cab later, so can sort this at the same time. Could you PM me your address please and I'll get back to you this evening.
[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1502013015' post='3348721']
Used this last night, having not gigged it for about a month. Didn't even engage the EQ, it was wonderful.

Bump
[/quote]
The Glockenklang amps are fascinating but a bit of a mystery to me - and maybe other potential buyers on the forum. Do you know, are there any essential differences (e.g. in core tone) between their 'Blue Sky', 'Blue Soul' and 'Heart Rick' (IIRC) amps?

These amps are terrific and indeed the EQ is something you won't use quite often. ;-)

I'm playing a Soul Combo, just fantastic.

The difference between the Blue series and the other series is mainly the power amp section being class D for the Blue (and Steamhammer) and mosfet (or real transistor technology) for the others.

They all use the "same" class A preamp.

The difference between the Sky and the Rock is the power and the EQ section, powerfuller and more complete EQ for the Rock.

They pretend that they use their own class D power amp which is of course a bit false as it's the Bang & Olufsen Ice Power module like in all class D amplifier being intended for instruments or hi-fi. That's why all these class D amps do have a tendency to all have the same sound, after all. What makes the difference is the class A preamp, the power section and the making itself here for Glockenklang.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Hellzero

• 2 weeks later...