Why become a member? ×

Hey up from Ilkeston Derbyshire

Paul Miller

Welcome Paul.

I love Ilkeston. It's a grand old town. I like the duck pond at Straws Bridge too. We visit frequently. It's good to hear from another late starter. There are a lot of us about. I speak as a middle-aged fogey.

May I recommend a publication for all of those who follow in Dad's (wink) footsteps?

[attachment=249321:YoungFogey.png]

Helloooo!

I too reside in Ilkeston. There are quite a few decent players here actually ( I am not claiming to be one of them!).

You'll find me in The QC,or Hogarths or The Burnt Pig or The Spanish bar or ...well most of the pubs on South street actually :ph34r:

Come and say hello...I am having a 60th birthday party at Hogarths on Friday 25th August ..my band are playing along with one or two guests..

Enjoy your foray into the wonderful world of bass.

Ray.

Hi Paul,
I'm nowhere near Ilkeston - never been there. Did they film Billy Liar (the 1962 film there?) - Just saying hello from South Wales
I played for a few years, as a young man - but gave up for over 20 years! I'm just glad I took up the bass again, and wish I'd never given up

However, like yourself, I'm just glad to be doing it now. It's never too late :)
Welcome to BC. Join in with the discussions, but be careful of looking at the marketplace too long (like I do! LOL)

Marc

Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome, and the introductions from yourselves .
Some days I wonder what I am doing getting mixed up in this business. Lol.
The other members of the bands accommodate me at times. I know that sounds daft, but it's true. They are mates and I have told them I will know when they have had enough of me. Lol .